Trim cylinder hose replacement

Update on progress - I picked up a heavier duty adjustable "pin wrench" with different sized pin fittings. Finally got the end cap off and completely disassembled both cylinders. I will be going ahead and replacing all the seals since I've made it this far. Thanks everyone for your input!

Next up in regards to this journey, is there a superior method or any suggestions for draining the entire trim/tilt system to get all of the old fluid (and water) out?

With cylinders off, run pump dry
Can try to clean tank out and refill or add more and run pump again to flush out
Thank you! This is exactly what I did, I meant to update yesterday. I just ran the trim up til empty with the cylinder hoses in a bucket, then down til empty. Refilled with fresh ATF, ran up and down til empty again 2x then refilled once more and now I'm waiting for my seal kits to reinstall the cylinders.

In other news, I pulled the shift cable yesterday and tried to run fishing line through the jacket to route the new one, upon loosening the shift jacket nut from the bell housing I lost the fishing line. I guess the spinning/tension sucked it back in so now I have an interested re-routing job ahead of me with an engine bay that has little to no access 😅 never a dull moment with these tasks I guess.