Transporting a gasoline powered lawn mower

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Transporting a gasoline powered lawn mower

Why not drive the lawnmower if it's a rider from VA to NY....... it would be a leisurely trip and it would be memorable too!!! :D

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Boy,

Am I glad I don't live back east, we transport our small gas engine vehicles and mowers just about anyway we can, no problems at all.

The guy asked a question, is all. In the context of carrying lawn equipment, gasoline, propane, etc., there isn't anything different about being 'back east'. I can carry all those things without issue- rules that apply to commercial carriers do not apply to consumers.

My .02

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

The guy asked a question, is all. In the context of carrying lawn equipment, gasoline, propane, etc., there isn't anything different about being 'back east'. I can carry all those things without issue- rules that apply to commercial carriers do not apply to consumers.

My .02

I gave my .02 as well, so between us we now have .04 cents, if we keep it up one of these days we can buy a cup of coffee!
:D

UncleWillie

Captain

I think the original poster may have been referring to commercial vans and trailer, not his personal mini-van or personal trailer, car, truck or whatever.

Commercial companies have rules they have to follow, and no gas and oil in moving vans is one of them.

I think Don may have it correct.
He is not asking about moving it in the Soccer Mom Vehicle;
Think more like Atlas Van Line or Mayflower Moving;
A moving company with a big commercial truck or moving container that may be days to weeks in transit.

In any event, the question would properly be posed to the moving company, not us!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

In Ontario:

Cylinders must be transported upright and secured in place, so they won't move around in a vehicle.

In a passenger vehicle, cylinders must be secured, on the rear floor, upright, with the window open or in the trunk inside a secured tote box and with the trunk partially open to ensure proper ventilation.

Kind of hard to do "on the spot". And pretty much impossible with many of the smaller cars of today.

LUV those yellow plastic milk crates, 20 pounder slips right in and not so tippy.

As for the mower, as other pers have said comercial shipping follow the rules, personnel shipping follow the rules.