Trailering question

Cubbyblue22

Petty Officer 1st Class
I pulled my boat logs and the trailer to the shop today and I noticed that once the rails go up along with everything I wont have any visible sight behind me. We sometimes use those backup camera's you can install on our Grain Carts on the farm and thought maybe someone has done that so they have a video of whose behind them. Otherwise I really don't want to install those wide mirrors on my truck, hopefully that's the last resort. Anybody have any other insight on the best way to get a view of what's back there when your on the road? Thanks

old jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trailering question

You best check the vechicle code in your state, trailering mirrors might be required. As for
the backup camera they give you a very narrow field of view, least ways the one on my
pickup does. Regards, old jim

Cubbyblue22

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well the camera's we have are a lot different than the car/vehicle ones they put in the cars.....much bigger screen and much nicer viewing. I'll have to check the state's code.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

For the most part, you can see them in a side mirror trying to come around :lol: most wont stay behind a slow moving boat. I can see through my boats pontoons but then I have a higher bunk trailer.