Trailer swap questions.

FrankenCub

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have two trailers, one is a galvanized Highlander (think that's the brand) single axle with an 18' Renken sitting on it, and a tandem axle original to a '74 21' Starcraft Chieftain. I am wondering if the measurements are close enough, minus making a new tung, to use the single axle under the Chieftain. My measurement might be a bit off but should be pretty close, no help holding the tape. I found this image on the Loadrite website I'll use as a reference for my measurements.

From the Loadrite site...
Model
Capacity
Bow Eye To Transom Maximum
Bow Eye to Transom Minimum
Rear To Back of Tounge
LR-AB1724509B​
2,400​
18'​
13'​
13'​
LR-AB203600102TB1​
3,600​
19'11"​
14'6"​
16'2"​
LR-AB223100102T​
3,100​
22'1"​
16'4"​
16'​
"A"
"B"
"C"
BunkDiagram.jpg

And my measurements..
"C" Chieftain...12'
"C" Renken.....10'

"A" Chieftain...18.8'
"A" Renken.....16.75'

I know things will vary because all three are different manufacturers and all different years of technology. The Highlander does have quite a bit of adjustability in terms of axle and bunk placement so that part shouldn't raise an issue. I know I'll have to make a longer tung, and I'm not sure about the springs though. The rating sticker on the Highlander is unreadable, what is left of it. The springs do look to squat a bit, but it is a rotted glass boat most likely soaked with water accounting for much of the weight.

The Highlander is in really good condition and having bigger tires are the benefits I'm looking at. Where I launch I don't need to have a tilt trailer, which both of them are so that tilt can be bolted solid for strength. Any thoughts on this idea ?