Tough call

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Tough call

txswinner, What the hell you talking about? During Nam there was the draft. Of course you had draft dodgers/cowards that took off instead of doing there honor to their country. No matter how good or bad the situation is, OUR country comes first. I'm glad they went AWOL. Not the type people you want next to you in a trench!<br /><br />If you want to save lives, better look right here state side. Over 40,000 lives are lost on our highways. More people are murdered every year in our country than died in the towers. <br /><br />With that said, how can you worry about the few that is making a big difference for humanity in another country? You sound selfish to me.<br /><br />I'm done,,,,,

gonfishn

Commander

I'm with You SS..Color me gone...This post makes no sense other than what it was intended for..To stir it up a little..I kick myself every time i respond to posts like this..

txswinner

Banned

gonfishn, It is great because in this country we can disagree, just sometimes we have to be a little ugly to each other!! Don't quit posting your messages have meaning.

treedancer

Commander

Tx<br /> It seems to me that a good many of them are leading the country now.<br />But you’re right that is what we fought for. And what we are fighting for now.<br /><br /> But in my opinion we should not have went into Iraq with the sorry intelligence we had.Affganistan was more than justified I would have been there myself but was to old.<br /><br />Gonfishin(doc) I believe you will know what this stands for mike battery fourth battalion 11 marines 1st mar div<br /><br /> mike battry fourth battalion 11th matines 1st mar div <br /><br /><br /> tx

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

txswinner:<br />If you were in the military then you could answer a few questions for us.<br />1. What Branch?<br />2. What MOS?<br />3. Where were you stationed?<br />4. Whats a DD 214?<br />5. Why do you troll so much?<br />I my self served 21 years. I am retired now from the US army I was a 62N that’s a heavy construction equipment supervisor. In 21 years spent more than 5 of that deployed. I am very proud of that.

gonfishn

Commander

TS..Not gone just think this type of thread only stirs issues where no one wins..Thats all i meant...<br /><br />TX...Depending on the year we may have crossed paths..69-70 here..Most of the time I was with the grunts on the other end or with the 1st Marine Brigade in Hawaii in later years..<br /><br />When Someone calls me doc I always remember what a gunny once said to me..Doc is a title that is earned on the field and not on the books..

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Txswinner,<br /><br />Do you really want us to succeed in this war? Do you want to wipe out terrorism that threatens our country?

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

^^BUMP^^<br />Still wating on an answer TEX

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Bump.<br /><br />BTW, txwinner, that is my own personal theory. I always try to look on the bright side of everything, including war.<br /><br />With you being over there, seems like you would want to try to find one good thing about your service.<br /><br />Maybe....<br /><br />Ken

txswinner

Banned

I owe you nothing boomer but for kicks try USMC 1st sp ops (grunt), San Diego, nov 69deployed vn, disc 71, ran, killed and cried, DD 214 are discharge papers oh yeah Honorable, GI Bill paid for my college education, it was a great benefit. Met lots of good guys, smoked dope, ran on back side of river and visited Camb. Now Bite me Boomer and OJ.

txswinner

Banned

gonfishin, one of our docs was really neat navy guy that got caught in the count in training and assigned medic. He earned two silver stars, one with wreath, a bronze and made it home. I like my job better than yours. If we did cross I thank you.

txswinner

Banned

Also, have thought about my thread and you all have convinced me I am wrong in my thinking about who should say what about Iraq. My mind still operating for the distaste I had for those who either through wealth or some other suspect reason got out of service back in the 60's. Thank you all, I will think more closely in the future.

txswinner

Banned

Also, have thought about my thread and you all have convinced me I am wrong in my thinking about who should say what about Iraq. My mind still operating for the distaste I had for those who either through wealth or some other suspect reason got out of service back in the 60's. Thank you all, I will think more closely in the future.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> Also, have thought about my thread and you all have convinced me I am wrong in my thinking about who should say what about Iraq. My mind still operating for the distaste I had for those who either through wealth or some other suspect reason got out of service back in the 60's. Thank you all, I will think more closely in the future.
It takes more of a man to admit when he's wrong than it does to stick to his guns-and only a reasonable man will change his mind when presented with an overpowering argument.<br /><br />Nice one :)