FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Head bolts are 225 inch pounds in a spiral pattern working outward from the center two bolts. They should be torqued to final specs in about three steps. With a new gasket re-torque the head bolts after about 1/2 hour running or when you get home for the day.
All 1/4 X 20 bolts are torqued to standard 70 inch pounds.
I never bother with torqueing the prop nut. I just make it one grunt tight.
Carb nuts are 1/2 inch use standard torque for a 5/16 X 18 bolt--I forget what it is right now. Again, I usually just tighten them good and snug.