Tools...

Mateoowen84

Cadet
Hey all, I am pretty much doing a complete overhaul of a boat i just bought and trying to get out in front and not reinvent the wheel. What tools were a lifesaver during your reno, what tools do you wish you had, and what were the tools used for? Examples, angle finders, grinders (what type of grinder/grid or head type, hard resin roller, etc...? . Thanks in advance

V/r,

Matt

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Fist and foremost. A camera and a tape measure. Document everything. Sketch and verify dimensions.

A shop vac with a particulate bag.

4.5" angle grinder with both saw blades and a stack of 24 and 36 sanding discs. A sawz-all, a multi-tool, a variety of drill bits and cordless drill motors. A few cup brushes and a drill bit extender.

A table saw, a jig saw, a router and other wood working tools

A series of clamps

A pile of tyvek suits, a box of gloves, goggles, ear plugs, and anti-perspirant

Fiberglass rollers, fiberglass scissors, a DA, various air tools

Most of it is covered in the stickies

Mateoowen84

Cadet
thank you. no worries on the stickies. i didn't see a post that covered tools. I thought I would make something new. I do not have the time to find "one off" tools through hours of videos. Why not compile all into one specific searchable post. Plus I am new and not an expert, only way to give it the ole college try.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Already been done, see the pdf linked here

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...-material-list

also has a brief overview on various plywood.

Look around, lots of good stuff in here alreafy. You can use google to search the forum.

Google

Material list iboats forum

The link I posted is 1 of several helpful links, the various stickies are also very helpful, as Scott noted in your other topic.