Took the Enertia vs Laser plunge.

Mkos1980

Chief Petty Officer
In trying to find every last MPH, I just ordered a new 22P enertia to test out. I've tried Mirages and hydromotives in the past with good results but not great results. My current props are both a 21 and 23 Laser II. Both props give me 9% slip. Current results from these props are 64.2MPH at 5400 with the 21 Laser and 65.2MPH at 5000-5100ish rpms with the 23 Laser. I'm hoping the 22 Enertia can keep me at 5400 RPM's and 66+ MPH . From many other tests on the Caravelle and Crownline boards the Enertia is usually a couple MPH faster while keeping the same RPM's when going up in pitch. Any thoughts? I've never seen a Laser VS Enertia test yet, but we'll have one shortly. If all goes well I'll have the 21 Laser up for sale as the 23 is already for sale. Recoop my money.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: Took the Enertia vs Laser plunge.

This should be intresting to say the least.Can you take a pic of the barrel prop butting up against the drive..and how much of a gap is there. I am presuming that Enertia has a 13.5' barrell

Mkos1980

Chief Petty Officer

I posted pics on speedwake and the barrell is about an inch longer then the Lasers. Its a nice looking prop! Bigger then the Laser too it seems.

Mkos1980

Chief Petty Officer

I dont know what you mean by 13.5 barrell. Its 8 in. high, while the Laser is 7 1/4. It sits farther into the drive then the Laser. Heres 3 pics.

Notice the Skeg Guard. I "just" had enough room for the bolts. The rest of the skeg is laying at the bottom of the Ohio River. Nailed something submerged.

Attachments

• ebay 007.jpg
    ebay 007.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ebay 008.jpg
    ebay 008.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ebay 009.jpg
    ebay 009.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Barrel is just short for the diameter of the prop...

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Mkos how did things turn out, I am really intrested...:confused:

Mkos1980

Chief Petty Officer

Tested it Saturday, its up for sale. It was horrible on my boat. Took FOREVER to get on plane, had to keep alot of RPM's for cruising and top end was down 3-5 MPH's WOT was 5300 RPM's. I'm sticking to the Lasers.

MikDee

Banned

The Enertia, Definitly a lot of prop to spin submerged. Have you tried a Stiletto? They seem to be up there with the Enertia, but designed a lot like the Laser, with a tiny bit bigger blades.

Mkos1980

Chief Petty Officer

I've thought about it. Maybe I'll start looking for one.

hwsiii

Commander

Mkos, can you tell me about how muh horsepower you are getting out of that motor.

H

Mkos1980

Chief Petty Officer

hwsiii. I copied Carcrafts SBC build to every aspect EXCEPT they used headers and a 750 holley. I am using the same heads, springs, cam, rockers, intake and the stock GM 350 shortblock. They got 401HP and 428TQ

Test 3

116_0403_mail_13_z.jpg

Heres a link to the build

http://www.carcraft.com/projectbuild/116_0403_350_ho_crate_engine_hydraulic_roller_cam_package_install/index.html

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

hwsiii take notice here of dia...His prop was slipping badly and never hooked up. That was due to difference in barrel and his leg dia. Those both caused a bif disturbance in water flow,

Think about a 20p 4 blade baypro for maxium grin mkos...It will feel like your on a tractor with a blown motor...Maybe a 22 and if that worked youd never go back to anything else..;)

There"s a forum member that has a 20 on the bay now..It would make you grin quite large...:cool: By the way thanks for input..it saved me a bid..:cool:

Mkos1980

Chief Petty Officer

By the way thanks for input..it saved me a bid..:cool:

I meant to say it works perfect. Please bid LOL. Anywho, yea it slipped bad. I saw on the Crownline and Caravelle boards that a ton of people are using this prop with great results so it could be that my 20 year old hull design isnt match for this new prop where theirs are.

Boat still looks newer though. I always get yea right that boat looks too new for a an old boat.