FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I apologize if this a stupid question, I have done lots of searching and can't find a direct answer. Can I put a 9.8 carb on my 2010 8hp 4 stroke to increase hp? If not,is there anything I can do besides buy 9.8?
I apologize if this a stupid question, I have done lots of searching and can't find a direct answer. Can I put a 9.8 carb on my 2010 8hp 4 stroke to increase hp? If not,is there anything I can do besides buy 9.8?
Theorically you could as both engines have 209 CC block , changing interior parts as main & slow jets whatever, would be more economical than having to buy a complete new 9.8 carb. Get a spare parts manual and see carb parts differences.
The carb bodies are different; changing jets and tubes (if you can even find them) will result in improper fuel/air ratios. You need the 9.8 carb (with the larger venturi), and yes, it will work fine.