FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi everyone, Is there a way to tell by looking at it, if this motor I am working on has been converted to 15HP, would the cam's look diferent or have any markings?
The motor I am working on is a 96 9.9 2stroke
If it's a M 9.9 D2 have same CC and same carb as 15 model, 9.9 has different throttle cam shape though, cam is shorter than 15 model, will need to change it and advance + 5? timming to have 25? as this model is adjusted to 20? and won't ever go into full throttle/180? butterfly openning.
Thank You Sea Rider, I was born in Lima used to surf La Pampilla! Now in California.
My question was... Can yo tell by looking at the cam if it's the shorter one? Anyone has pictures of both? Or is there any markings on the Cam itself to tell if it has been upgraded to 15HP
Hi Sea Rider,
I know these are not the best pics, I will go to the boat tomorrow and get better ones, but maybe this is enough to see, these where taken when I got the motor.
It's the original 9.9, change for 15 HP part N? 364-63718-0 will be same as first pic posted. You can ask Pvanv or Internet Outboards to quote and ship you one.