Todays gas at $139 barrel/Dow, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
This is ZERO political, so lets not go there. Lets do some simple discussion, and stop pointing fingers, as we are the problem, as we are all in this together, and the way we continue to do things.
NEED SOME FORWARD LOGIC THINK.
I see BIG problems coming, and the after affects will affect all.
Hate to say it, but with the Israel/Iran thing (what caused gas to skyrocket, that, and weak US economics tanked the Dow)..watch for gas to go up SOON, AGAIN, they are predicting at least 10/15/20 cents more a gallon REAL quick..."the beginning of the end"?.....getting scary here..
Thing is, we need some solid way to figure out what we should do next, as a COUNTRY.
We have a serious Prez, and Congress elections coming up.
Hate to say it, but those will be are "leaders", and a country divided is toast.
Bunch of smart old salts here...bet we can figure out a way, BUT..BLAMING the "old ways"...is just that.
Need "forward" think here, and any "thoughts"..with a "Solution"..and then hold those up for election..well.."their feet to the fire".
Hate to say it, but we are losing our way of life, and I'm getting a little too old to deal with it. Keep the politics out here, and the blaming..its just water in the bilge...anyone know just what would be a good way out?
Yep, Nuke plants, start drilling, blah blah blah. All would take 7 to 10 years, and I'll be in the rocker..broke.. on the porch sling shotting marbles (boy, I'm dating myself!) at mosquitos. Imaginary or not.
Anyone have a solid answer for NOW?
Watched (well on anyway) the whole day in the shop the biz channels today...
I don't like where we are going.....

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: Todays gas at $139 barrel/Dow, etc...

Yep, Nuke plants, start drilling, blah blah blah. All would take 7 to 10 years, and I'll be in the rocker..broke..
That's what they said 7 to 10 years ago.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Todays gas at $139 barrel/Dow, etc...

This thread is done already.

Status
Not open for further replies.