To those of you who Pray for others

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Re: To those of you who Pray for others

First off I have to say it is so encouraging to have had so many responces from all of you. Iboats is a amazing site that I have come to for many things but I want everybody here to know that the most importiant and fufilling part is the friendships. My family thanx each one of you for your prayers and words of encouragement. Things are totally crazy here in our household so I have stopped and looked at my life and even though things may not be going my way right now, I am absoluly positive that I am blessed. First (even though one is missing for now) I still have my family. I have my health. ( beyond frazzled nerves :) ) My wife has a good job that we can get by on till I figure out my work situation. We have a nice house we are living in. And last but definetly not least have been incredably blessed with great friends....many from Iboats. I have had my focus on many things other than God for the last 10 months( job,new house, and money ) And I have come to relize my focus needs to be on God first, then family and then all else is behind these things. Just know that all of you have lifted my spirits more than you can know. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Mike and Ronda<br />p.s. stumpy I will be emailing you soon. :)

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

M & R it is heart warming that you have prioritizrd your thought fo god and are implimenting that. Our prayers are with you and your family. Listen for him and follow his voice..for he will never forsake you.

brother chris

Commander

Mike and Rhonda,<br />I prayed for you. I hope things will get better for you soon. <br />The Lord always come through for the faithful.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

No Problem....Hope I can help you out. Like I said, you can e-mail me at home or at work. I'll be there Monday, 7:00 AM<br /><br />I know that I am new around this forum, but this sure is a family here to me. I may not know much about marine engines, but I sure as hell know about helping folks out. <br /><br />My kids are grown and gone on thier own, but they always need me and mom every once in a while when times get tough.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I love this place, Stumpy, because of the folks like you that outnumber the jerks like 2-cycle ratio ( 50:1). God Bless you, bro!!<br /><br />Mike and Rhonda, Carol and I have added you , your ex (she needs God to inrterviene in her life too),and your daughter to our prayer list.<br />My ex and I have had three kids together. We divorced when our younguns were 11 and older. My ex and I had "joint custody", and she worked with me to facilitate visitation and such. We are friends to this day, and she is like my sister to me. But I remember the underlying resentment ,loneliness and sorrow that tried to destroy me back then.<br />I mention this, because perhaps your ex is not beneath allowing what is best for your mutual child. Surely, she loves her, but has it twisted-up in her head that you and Rhonda will be detrimental for some reason. If she is truely that vindictive, an audio recorder adapter on the phone should yield evidence of this in court for your custody suit, if the need is there.<br />And remeber, as much as you hurt, your daughter must be shielded from that pain, in the efforts of providing some semblence a normanl life.<br />I also have a red-headed step child, whos bio dad was a crackhead...I saw her heart ripped-out so often by this mutant, that I have a bullet with his name on it, for any future meetings. In the meantime, I did waht I could to show her the love and guidance of a father. Whereas she claims I am her "real" father, she is not right in the head, being very inmature, very screwed-up in priortizing her own life----and she is now 25years old! I met her mom when this child was 8years old..All we can do, is all we can do, but we keep on trying..and praying. She needs both of you.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you 12Footer....<br /><br />When ya find a good home like here, it's all worth it. Plus, everyone has helped me out on these dang old outboards of mine!

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mikeandronda, I've spoken to the one who made us all about making all these things work out for you.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

We are lighting candles for you and yours.<br /><br />He Who Loves You will provide.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well to those of you who have prayed I do have to say things have gotten a bit easier, I go to court on Tues and at least will know a little more about whats going on. My ex is about 1200 miles away and if she doesnt show up my lawyer has told me chances are the judge will rule in our favor and she will be in defualt.I then will get custody of my little girl......I have started giving guitar lessons again so there is some extra money coming in from that and between that and my wifes income we are staying afloat, barely, but at this time we still are surviving. We havent really decided what to do about buying or renting a house but its not a priority at this time so we are all in all doing better. Once again I want to thank you all for your support in our time of need because it was a great comfort to us to have you all praying for us.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

So, it comes down to the wire on election day..What tension. :rolleyes: <br />God has a way of dealing with that too.<br />Keep us posted. We will keep y'all in our prayers.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Yes, go figure its on election day, also My sons playing out on their first big show (at our church) on Mon. and Im running things so the stress level is pretty high this week but to be honest all I can say is things have been interesting and I have kinda figured out that it comes down to.... Different level = Different Devil and every step I make to get more and more into ministry I face bigger and bigger obsticals. My family moved here to Missouri to start working with our (best buddie)pastor in an effort to eventially plant a new church. You see he works for Assembly of God as head of church planting. Well we are closer to setting out to do it but I have an issue with taking my eyes off of who we are doing this for and what his goals for us are. Instead, focusing on what I have set my goals at and Well, I have spent the last month doing what I can to hang in there and give this all to God. Including the Election :)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

You've got a lot going your way. Remember to laugh when you can, cry when you need to and truct God to take care of the rest with you. You still have everything a man needs, family friends and faith.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

When I went to my Pastor years ago and informed him that I was being divorced, This, (below),was the very first thing he told me.<br />To court 17 times. Lost my savings, $56k, my house, and lived in my camper on the jobsite for 9 months. Kids were 8 & 10. All was restored, (what the locust and the cankerworm had consumed). Went from 230 lbs to 164 lbs in 30 days. I have been in your shoes. <br />For me, it is very easy to understand why "God hates divorce".<br /><br />Romans 12:14-21 <br /> [14] Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. [15] Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. [16] Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. [17] Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. [18] If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. [19] Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. [20] Therefore<br /><br /> "If your enemy is hungry, feed him;<br /> If he is thirsty, give him a drink;<br /> For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."<br /> <br />[21] Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. <br /><br />WE ARE WITH YOU MIKE AND RONDA!!. Oh yeah, what the brother said about praying for your ex wife. Yep, gotta do that too. Doesen't mean that you have to trust her or respect her, just that she is one of God's creation too. love you guys...steve and carol