voodoolord
Cadet
Thread starter- Joined
- Apr 11, 2012
- Messages
- 19
I just got done scraping the old foam out of my hull and Im still getting some water seeping from the stern side of the stringers. It looks like it might take a while for the water to drain. The stringers are glassed in and very strong so I figured I would hold off on cutting into them. Should I replace the foam or install the deck without it? A local boat repair shop recommended I just leave the foam out. He said that the foam will probably get wet again and doesn't really do anything for the boat. The only thing I thought the foam might do is keep water from sloshing back and forth if it gets wet in there again. What do you guys think? Also Im wondering if anyone has ever added a small drain on each side of the bilge through the stringers that you could unplug every once in a while and let any water in there drain out. That doesnt sound too bad to me as long as the plug or cap stays water tight. Any thoughts? Thanks.