to bomb or not to bomb

Danimal1706

Cadet
Ive got a old 14ft fiberglass boat that needs many repairs but after researching everthing I see this may cost more than this old things worth. So I have to cut cost "saftey first" can I get away with spray bombing it? Its not my first choice but if I do it right prep,prime,paint and even clear with polyurethane will it work? and how long? would rustoleum be better in ways like abrasion resistant, sealing capabilities. what if I put good thick coat of poly. also Ive read that "bondo" will mush what about kittyhair or tigerhair? Im not looking for certainties just your best educated guesses. And where is the cheapest place to get expanding foam? looks like Im gonna need some. Also the ridge where the top and hull come together is rotted can I cut the edge off and epoxy and "bondo" over it or will it flex and break. Sorry if these q's is posted Im on dial-up and it takes so long to scan the post the wifey has a fit

Maximerc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: to bomb or not to bomb

polyurethane No way for long term water ! I sprayed a part that was to be submerged in water at work within three days the finish was mush. Granted it was the spray can stuff but it sure left a bad taste inmy mouth .. and my employer :mad: