Titles for the Significant Other?

Kiwi Phil

Commander
Re: Titles for the Significant Other?

When we moved to Australia, we couldn't work out what the word "Dar'l" was or meant. Husband and wife called each other "Dar'l". <br />It sounds terrible with the Aussie accent. <br />It is an abreviation for "Darling".<br />As a joke, we started calling each other "Dar'l" and it has sort of stuck. To us, it is a sort of "taking the P", but now become one of "affection".<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

SoulWinner

Commander

JB, did you buy a Corvette? Porsche? No wait, It wasn't your hair was it?<br /><br />I'm happy to hear that you guys are still friendly. I sure don't know what I'd do with out my other puzzle-piece. :confused:

tylerin

Commander

My wife is:<br />Suger Muffum<br />Minkie<br />Monkey<br />Honey Muffum<br />Sunshine<br />doll<br />Sweet Darling<br />Bestest Buddie<br />Sweet Flower<br />and ......<br />My Littel Dee..Oh God I love her so.....
If'n I said to my wife Sweet Darling you Minky Monkey, Honey Muffin I think she'd slap me in the face :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />If'n I said to my wife Sweet Darling you Minky Monkey, Honey Muffin I think she'd slap me in the face :D
Or say "what do you want now" ;)

tylerin

Commander

or "no, you are still going to my parents house"
Hey be careful Gauge, they still own that vacation home don't they? on Lake Soleheir or something like that

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />Hey be careful Gauge, they still own that vacation home don't they? on Lake Soleheir or something like that
I wouldn't be "kissing up" if we were going to that house, it's on the ocean--and I like going there. I can get her dad out on the big pond striper fishin :cool: !

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

My wife's nicknames are:<br /><br />Yo, woman! (followed by a snap of the fingers) - if I'm in a crazy, daring, mood or just plain stupid and about to get beat! :eek: <br /><br />Normally, my wife's nickname is "Sweet". One word, one syllable. How easy can it be? Her first name is Margaret and she doesn't go by Marge or Maggie or Peg or whatever, so I just started calling her "Sweet" since I've known her.<br /><br />Butch A.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I like sensuous,... Hey sunsuous, "sense you was" up get me another cup of coffee.<br /><br />Or wouldyou,...Hey wouldyou, do me a favor. or would that one be Hey :confused:

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I refer to my current wife as "tasty". I usually follow that up with a quick lift of the eye brow. :D

ehenry

Commander

All i can tell ya is...my pet name is Damnit...everything she says to me ends in Damnit.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

It depends on whether I am talking to her, or about her. ;) <br /><br />In all reality, my 5yr-old is catching on. She says to me as soon as I get home, "Hi, Dad. Your 'Honey-bunch' is upstairs..."

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Forgot these:<br /> Due to our love for black powder guns Hubby is known as Pyrodad and I am Pyro Mamma. Love those black powder blasts. Settles the dust real good. :D <br />Bassy

RICKRICK1

Ensign

HERSELF---NUFF SAID.<br /><br />Previous names--- Mama Bear, Little Filly, sweetems, Babe, Hioney, Darling, and Love.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Almost the same here Rick, only it's she herself for me. Around the house it's Babe or Honey. Pushing 32yrs with herself. No regrets.

Stratosfied

Ensign

elfhenry, till I was 15 I thought my first name was dammit. Like "Dammit *****, have you been messing with the welding machine again?". ;)

k5ranger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

if i gave my wife a title it would only make her head BIGGER!!!!!!

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

"Baby" when we are alone together,<br />She is introduced as "My best friend in the whole world",<br />"Darling" when I want something,<br />Ocasionally she is "dear",<br />And "polock" when she screws up (which is not too often!!).