foxjohnc03
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter- Joined
- Jun 30, 2003
- Messages
- 79
Became the owner of an '82 Yamaha XJ 550 Maxim motorcycle today. This is one of the bikes that has a cruiser chassis and a sportbike engine. Only has 3250 miles though! Has sat outside uncovered since late '86. Suprisingly though, it only has rust on the headlight bucket and mufflers. When I get it home I am planning on changing the oil, lubing cables, greasing all moving parts & bearings, and spraying penetrating oil into the cylinders. It is not seized so I want to keep it that way. Am planning on rebuilding all 4 carbs and petcock, but am I missing anything? With only 3250 miles it should run like new but I just want to make sure that it keeps doing so. I'm only paying $300 for it though so no big loss either way.