Time to bury the hatchet iboat members!

f_inscreenname

Commander
Let me be the first. I have more then one post taken over by people mud slinging on one side or the other and for that matter I have threw a little mud myself. I know we all get heated when it comes to politics and say things we would normally would not but now it is over and so should be the fighting. The main reason we all came here in the first place is the love of boats and boaters don't act like they have in the last couple months to other boaters. If they did you would be dodging floating corpses all over the bay. So again let put out the olive branch by saying “I am sorry if I have offended any iboats member in either party with my views or opinion. I hope we can all put this behind us and move on or it is going to be a long cold winter.”

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Time to bury the hatchet iboat members!

Soooo glad this political B.S. is "almost" done with. There's one post going on now with someone gloating over what I see as being the fate of the country now. Kind of scary....<br /><br />That old saying about "Careful what you wish for"<br /><br />I don't see anything funny or anything to be so gleeful about with the state of affairs our world is in today.

LubeDude

Admiral

Ya, I agree, Thank God we now have a president that at least more than 50% of people like other than a President knowone really likes but we got because half didnt like Bush.<br />Hey, Im happy, Lets talk Boats.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

How bout a big fish fry? F--nscreenname you are in charge of the beer! I will bring the mathces for the fire.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Jubilation is the word I would pick, Capt Mike.<br />I promised Fixin that I would not gloat much, and I'll honor that. But it's a great day for freedom, both here and overseas. Have you heard that the Iraqi government is also Jubilant? Surely, not all leaders are feeling that way, Jack Sherac, Osama, Cofi Anon and many more.<br />I regret some Americans have a sense of doom and gloom, but the majority has spoken, allong with the elctoral college.<br />It's time we unite, and all head in one direction, and that is forward. Because now that the election is over, loosing the war on terror helps only terrorists.

f_inscreenname

Commander

add some Maryland blue crabs, oysters and Maine lobsters and I am there

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah, i do apologize for any harsh remarks lately, even tho i don't post much anymore. maybe crabbie & snapper will still like most of us. :D <br /><br />fishing picks up in a good way down here this time of yr, so no winter blues for me, not yet anyway. heck, i still have some roses blooming with the recent rainfall, and the leaves just started coming down over the weekend. <br /><br />take care everyone<br /><br />BTW: since deputy beat me to it, i'll just bring the aluminum foil ;) i need to learn the trick to blue crabs, cause we had'em one night on my recent trip to SC coast, and i picked out pcs for 2hrs and still didn't get full... but i learned how to get the shrimp with a cast net, that shrimp scampi was unbelievable.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have no ill feelings toward anyone,and I'm not one to b__ch,I voted,lost,and will go on.<br />GOD BLESS AMERICA

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by fixin:<br /> I have no ill feelings toward anyone,and I'm not one to b__ch,I voted,lost,and will go on.<br />GOD BLESS AMERICA
emthup.gif

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

The Hatchett? I gotta bury it? ahhhhh phoooey.... :p <br /><br />I'll put it away, for now.... :D

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Hey, I was one of the guys who voted for that other guy, and did not agree much with those who were for the Prez, but hey, thats what is great about this country. We have the freedom to not agree, to bicker and sling mud, and sit on a computer while doing it. We enjoy a pretty good life in this country. There are those in the world who wouldn't mind having food or a place to live, let alone a boat and a computer to talk about that boat with other people. I am fine with the Prez winning, somebody had to. Now he can get back to work being the Prez and we can get back to work talking about boats. Nope, I have no hard feelings at all, we're all one big happy family....

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I'll bring some catfish, bass, and northern pike to add to the fire. That is if the fishin is good.<br />Hoping for some ice in a month to do some "real" fishing.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> The Hatchett? I gotta bury it? ahhhhh phoooey.... :p <br /><br />I'll put it away, for now.... :D
ROFLOL with you :)

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It wouldn't be a democracy if you didn't have people with opposite views...and if people stand up for what they truely believe in - you can't hold that against them.<br /><br />I hope nobody minds me sticking my 2 cents worth in. Your choice of president has a significant effect on the rest of the world...and besides, American politics has been far more interesting than NZ politics recently. :rolleyes:

ebbtide176

Commander

i don't mind :) heck, we joined this club about the same time - we're classmates :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by 62_Kiwi:<br /> It wouldn't be a democracy if you didn't have people with opposite views...and if people stand up for what they truely believe in - you can't hold that against them.<br /><br />I hope nobody minds me sticking my 2 cents worth in. Your choice of president has a significant effect on the rest of the world...and besides, American politics has been far more interesting than NZ politics recently. :rolleyes:
Mind?? Kiwi, if it weren't for allies like you and Austrialia, this world would be a dark, miserable, inhuman place.
emthup.gif
<br />
58.gif

Link

Rear Admiral

What 12 Footer said! :)

crab bait

Captain

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> How bout a big fish fry? F--nscreenname you are in charge of the beer! I will bring the mathces for the fire.

crab bait

Captain

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> How bout a big fish fry? F--nscreenname you are in charge of the beer! I will bring the mathces for the fire.
an i'll bring the friggin' gasoline.. :) ..<br /><br />the tribe has spoken.. what can i say..<br />kerry just like gore wasn't the answer iether..<br /><br />i'll burry the hackett ,too.. i gotta,, to much DNA on it not to.. :) ..<br /><br />KIWI,, heck i made you honorary citizen of the USA along time ago, bro..

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

I too am pleased that you guy's have a result now and not drawn into a legal scrap like the last election did.<br />I sat up late here last night and watched CNN live, finally left it at 11:30pm our time your 05:30 EST and the result was not clear at that stage.<br />However 06:00 news here this morning they announced that Kerry had conceded to GW.<br /><br />All this has taken our minds off the dismal political scene that 62kiwi refers to as of late so I guess we are up to the usual old stuff back here now.<br /><br />Just wish our stupid soft Govt would pull their heads out of the sand and mend all the bridges they broke with your administration over the past few years.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Peter