Tilt/Trim wiring question

pickard1

Cadet
I have a 1987 Starcraft 161 for 5 years now. I am replacing the two Tilt/Trim relays (solenoids) and noticed that the red wire with the 20 amp fuse was hooked up but was not being used. I have attached pics to show that the harness from the relays has three prongs but the mating harness only has two prongs and no red wire going to the switches. The down trim and the Trailer tilt were working before the repair so I assume they are getting power from under my dash somewhere. Should I leave it alone or should I rewire to include that 20 amp red wire?
IMG_0836.JPG.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG.JPG
IMG_0838.JPG.JPG

alldodge

Staff member
Someone prior to you changed the wiring would be my guess. Don't see any way it would work without power going to the trim switch. I had an issue some time back and for a quick fix I ran a new wire. Later found the problem was the 3 prong plug

pickard1

Cadet
Someone prior to you changed the wiring would be my guess. Don't see any way it would work without power going to the trim switch. I had an issue some time back and for a quick fix I ran a new wire. Later found the problem was the 3 prong plug
I think you're right. I will just make sure that there is a 20 amp fuse somewhere along that power line and put it all back the way it was.