Tilt/trim switch dealer

glyslo

Recruit
Looking for a reliable source to buy a power tilt/trim switch for my outboard motor...Checked with Sierra but they do not make one...Not sure about the reliability of some of the unnamed Chinese parts out there...Thanks

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Looking for a reliable source to buy a power tilt/trim switch for my outboard motor...Checked with Sierra but they do not make one...Not sure about the reliability of some of the unnamed Chinese parts out there...Thanks
Would be helpful to know what you're working on

glyslo

Recruit
Working on the rocker switch located in the throttle control arm on the Mercruiser control box by the drivers seat at the front of the boat...I did an Ohms test on the switch and there is some resistance there so I am going to replace the switch...Thanks

guy48065

Chief Petty Officer
The rocker switch in some 20+ yo throttle levers simply is not available. Rather than replace the entire control I took it apart and removed the bad switch. I cut a small plate from aluminum flashing to fit the recess where the switch was, a little oversized so it 'stuck' when pressed into place. I then mounted a small spring-loaded On-Off-On toggle switch thru the little adapter plate.

20160910_140750.jpg