Tiller handle

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can I get a longer tiller handle for a 2000 Johnson 25hp 3cylinder and how do I go about getting one if possible?

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I seen them on there but are they just for steering? The problem is when I'm by myself the boat just goes straight up and won't plane out. So if I can get far enough forward it will plane out.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Get the articulated kind, preferably with two joints. The extension clamps to the steering grip to allow you to adjust speed.

Chief Petty Officer
Prefer my hand on the tiller for feedback and control.

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well I ordered one expendable 18-24inch. I guess I will see how it works. Once I get it up I will be able to get back in the seat. I just need it to get it up out of the water instead of almost flipping the boat lol.

kbait

Commander
Move tilt pin all the way Forward. Move fuel tank/battery/beer/anchor to front of boat. If not good enough, add a planing fin..whaletail.
Good luck!

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Move tilt pin all the way Forward. Move fuel tank/battery/beer/anchor to front of boat. If not good enough, add a planing fin..whaletail.
Good luck!
Pin forward tank is up as far as it will go but it just slides back when the boat goes up. The motor is massive for a 25hp. It's a 2000 25hp 3cylinder long shaft. Very heavy and so am I lol.

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Like it goes up so high I can't see nothing but boat if a good wind came up I'm sure it would flip. Lol. Works awesome when 2 ppl are in it , very fast.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
May want to install steering console and remote controls -- good project.

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I don't fish that often by myself so if that extension works, good if not oh well.

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good luck!
That's a dandy pickerel in your picture 👍👍👍