Attachments

• thundercraft.jpg
    thundercraft.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

flanbebo

Cadet
Re: Thundercraft Member Gallery

hey everyone. i have a 1990 thundercraft 220 sc with a 5.0 chevy and mercruiser out drive. i think i have the only one left in the world! ha ha. has anyone ever seen another one? would like to discuss if anyone does.

wakeondude

Seaman Apprentice

hey everyone. i have a 1990 thundercraft 220 sc with a 5.0 chevy and mercruiser out drive. i think i have the only one left in the world! ha ha. has anyone ever seen another one? would like to discuss if anyone does.

I'm looking at one right now. Blue and white with a real nice swim platform off the stern. Cuyahoga Falls, OH. 350 chevy, merc outdrive.

spyder63

Recruit

We purchased a 1987 Thundercraft she was in pretty bad shape but the engine is good and the rest cosmetic, The price was right so the repairs and rebuilding have begun.

B_M_I_77

Recruit

Hey Everyone...

Brand new guy here, and brand new boater in general. I just bought my first boat, a 1988 17' Thundercraft with a 4.3L Mercruiser. Trying to figure out the model, and it's virtually identical to another "iboater" who has another thread posted. His is a 1988 Citation 170 18", and only the seating configuration is a little different. Also mine had "177" printed on the side. I'm guessing that's a good place to start learning about my boat.

Anyway, you guys seem like pros on Thundercrafts, wondering if you can fill in some info for me. The guy I bought it from had just completely rebuilt the engine, and gave me a 1yr warranty on it. He says it runs at 190hp, is this correct? Also, how big is the fuel tank? I have been out on the like twice and have noticed that it's a pig on gas!

I wish there was a place to get an old manual for boats like this, but all I could find is engine manuals. Hope your collective knowledge can help, this site seems great!!! Glad to be here!

PS.. Will post pics when I figure out how...

marion425

Recruit

Hello I am new on here! We just got a 1973 ThunderCraft last Sunday. We are working on it to get it going. Hopefully tomorrow it will be ready for the water. The pic of it is on my avatar!

Chuunthor

Cadet

I'm looking for some specs and information on a 1990 Thundercraft Temptation 200. Can anyone help me out?

ashgee27

Cadet

Hi flanbebo, i think i may have a 220sc like yourself. Could you possibly post some pics of your boat? Cheers Ashley Or if anyone has pics of one that they could post on here ta.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

My Sig says it all Have owned this 86 since 1990. Been a great boat to me. Sorry about the repeat pics.

Attachments

• DSC01022.jpg
    DSC01022.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC01073.jpg
    DSC01073.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00996.jpg
    DSC00996.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00966.jpg
    DSC00966.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 2
  • thundercraft.jpg
    thundercraft.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 2

ashgee27

Cadet

Hi, could anyone please tell me where i could buy or have made some new thundercraft decals. They are to be fitted to a 1990 220 sc. Any help would really appreciated. Cheers Ashley. Ps flanbebo i will be posting some some recent pictures of my boat soon.

Sunsetrider

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys - I hope to soon join your proud and happy club with the purchase of the 1990 1750LS shown below . . . I just made an offer a few minutes ago and am waiting for the response. I have 100% confidence in the 3.0 Merc motor since the marina owner is a friend who just put $3800 into the engine (the owner changed his mind and bought a toon for the season) but it needs some TLC on the finish and a few separated seams inside (pics available if anyone cares). Now let's see if I can attach pics . . .

No I can't. Maybe because I'm on Linux?

Nigel Croker

Cadet

Here is my baby. It is a 87 170 citation. My father bought this boat new when I was a teenager, and I used to ski behind it. About ten years ago he gave it to my brother so he could raise his two sons (my nephews) on the water. Now my Brother just brought a new 24 foot boat and this came to me. I have it running smooth, it has a new lower unit, along with new interior that matches the original. I just spent 2 days sanding and buffing the original paint, and oiling all the teakwood, and I have new thundercraft logos being made at a vynal sign company. Tommorow I put on new pin stripes, and then she goes to her new home in a dry slip at the local marina on the ICW. Here is a pic. This boat looks like it did the day it was new. As you can see it even has the original playtime trailer :D
2011-07-28%25252017.36.34.jpg

2011-07-28%25252017.36.17.jpg

2011-07-28%25252017.37.09.jpg

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

Here is my baby. It is a 87 170 citation. My father bought this boat new when I was a teenager, and I used to ski behind it. About ten years ago he gave it to my brother so he could raise his two sons (my nephews) on the water. Now my Brother just brought a new 24 foot boat and this came to me. I have it running smooth, it has a new lower unit, along with new interior that matches the original. I just spent 2 days sanding and buffing the original paint, and oiling all the teakwood, and I have new thundercraft logos being made at a vynal sign company. Tommorow I put on new pin stripes, and then she goes to her new home in a dry slip at the local marina on the ICW. Here is a pic. This boat looks like it did the day it was new. As you can see it even has the original playtime trailer :D
2011-07-28%25252017.36.34.jpg

2011-07-28%25252017.36.17.jpg

2011-07-28%25252017.37.09.jpg

Nice work ! Neat story behind it as well. part of the family. I have owned mine since 1990, Plz see post 29. Mine has been really good to me. Still rock solid, runs great What powerplant etc ya runnin" ? Lets see a few more pics, like that new interior, etc Happy boatn ' ! PTJ

Sunsetrider

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is my 1990 1750LS. The history of Thundercraft is confusing and the different boats shown here seem to have very different Thundercraft logos or name-styles. My boat was made in Tennessee, and it seems there is a brand that was made in Quebec . . . I wonder if they were completely different entities? In any case mine seems to have been well made and it still runs like a champ. I am planning to replace the drivers lounge back to back with a pedestal bucket.

Attachments

• Fleet.jpg
    Fleet.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1

Whitelaker

Recruit

So glad to see a forum dedicated to Thundercraft. We have a Thundercraft V155 but have no idea what year it is. Does anyone know where I can decipher the Ser # ZTH551 - 770378?
From what I can find it seems Doral Boats (Quebec,Canada) took over Thundercraft.
We need the year for insurance purposes. All the paint on the waterline has yellowed although the previous owner completely refurbished the interior carpeting, an added a bimini top.

Attachments

• Bowride resizedr.jpg
    Bowride resizedr.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

So glad to see a forum dedicated to Thundercraft. We have a Thundercraft V155 but have no idea what year it is. Does anyone know where I can decipher the Ser # ZTH551 - 770378?
From what I can find it seems Doral Boats (Quebec,Canada) took over Thundercraft.
We need the year for insurance purposes. All the paint on the waterline has yellowed although the previous owner completely refurbished the interior carpeting, an added a bimini top.
Im guessn its a '78, usually the last 2 numbers in the vin on the transom is the model year,, I do believe....

cyber

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yep, I agree with Paul. I'd say came off the line in March (03) of 1978.

cyber

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Here is my 1990 1750LS. The history of Thundercraft is confusing and the different boats shown here seem to have very different Thundercraft logos or name-styles. My boat was made in Tennessee, and it seems there is a brand that was made in Quebec . . . I wonder if they were completely different entities? In any case mine seems to have been well made and it still runs like a champ. I am planning to replace the drivers lounge back to back with a pedestal bucket.

Definitely 2 seperate entities. On yours (US made) the 'T' & 'C' in the logo are both capitalized,
on the Quebec (Can made) boats only the 'T' is capitalized. Lots of other differences as well,
some subtle, some more pronounced. I love both of 'em, but I'm a little biased towards the
Canadian made ones since mine hales from 'la belle province'.

cecc0011

Recruit

Hey all! New user and just wanted to post the one pic I have on my 1986 17' Citation. It has the 120 HP OMC engine. I bought this puppy about 2 months ago at an auction and have since shined it up a bit... Gonna store it over the cold MN winters and hopefully next season get her in a bit better condition.

I'll say it has had it's quirks already and as a first-time boat owner I may be coming here with some questions for y'all (particularly Nigel Croker who seems to have my exact model down to the paint job just one year newer). Thanks!

View attachment 108091

Whitelaker

Recruit

Thank you both Cyber and Paul. The insurance company is happy. Can the yellow water line marks ever be removed - or can you recomend a product? Thx