Thru hull

Jrato14

Seaman
Hi,
I needed to drill a 7/8 hole thru hull to run a new transducer. There was a 1/2 hole already there so I just made it bigger. The old hole was filled with I assume 4200 and the hole is above the water line but not by more than 6 inches. Should I fill the new hole with 4200 or marinetex

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
If I understand you correctly, you have a hole that needs to be enlarged to accommodate a new transducer and you want to know what to seal it with?? Above waterline you can use almost anything.Silicone,4200,etc. A flexible is best.Marinetex would be a good choice to fill a hole completely.Charlie

Jrato14

Seaman
If I understand you correctly, you have a hole that needs to be enlarged to accommodate a new transducer and you want to know what to seal it with?? Above waterline you can use almost anything.Silicone,4200,etc. A flexible is best.Marinetex would be a good choice to fill a hole completely.Charlie
Thank you so much

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Gee, a dab of silicone caulk and a clamshell cover is what is commonly used.

Jrato14

Seaman
I’m a retired navy guy and coastie I look forward to using 4200 to reminisce lol

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
use fast-cure UV-4000. also use painters tape on both sides as a dam to keep it from oozing into the bilge before its cured...... (dont ask how I know)