Thoughts on Sierra carb rebuild kits

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Don't budget on the one thing you rely on to get you and your family home safe and alive.

Budget elsewhere in your life.
I guess this could depend on ones use of said engine one is rebuilding the carb on. Could just be a huge waste of time inconvenience or Mad wife...the latter would be worth paying $6 ta avoid!

But most of these kits...NOT Sierra but the no name ones off Amazon that I have had, the issue is poor quality float material , seats with totally different thread, cheap gaskets that may leak sooner than more quality kits, or a needle that doesn't quite seal or just not fit.

Reactions: 909

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I have not found Sierra to be acceptable for v4 and v6 loopers. Other than that, it's a wash in my opinion.

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
$6 over the life of the kit...not a big concern really ....

some cheaper kit gaskets have been known to litteraly melt into orange goo...

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have not found Sierra to be acceptable for v4 and v6 loopers. Other than that, it's a wash in my opinion.
I've been running them on my V4 looper for the last 4 or 5 years without problems. They seemed fine to me. What is the perceived issue?

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I can't remember what's in my v6. Chance there Sierra but just as good chance there OMC/Bombardier? So I guess I can't really comment here cause I can't remember. :ROFLMAO: Either way they were fine.

I have not found Sierras not to melt...but I haven't bought one in the last few recent years.