Thoughts on 2001 GX 205

I found an 01 GX 205 I can get for $8,000. It only has 65 hours on it. The sun pad and rear seats need to be recovered. It has a 200hp 5.0 with a Volvo SX out drive. I have only had Mercruiser in the past. Any pros and cons about this boat? It's got some dock rash and needs to be shined up, but with that low of hours I really don't mind putting some cash on it to make it pretty. Also, any advise on where to get an extended swim platform for one of these? The wife would really like that. Thanks for any and all opinions and advise.

dboyme

Cadet
I found an 01 GX 205 I can get for $8,000. It only has 65 hours on it. The sun pad and rear seats need to be recovered. It has a 200hp 5.0 with a Volvo SX out drive. I have only had Mercruiser in the past. Any pros and cons about this boat? It's got some dock rash and needs to be shined up, but with that low of hours I really don't mind putting some cash on it to make it pretty. Also, any advise on where to get an extended swim platform for one of these? The wife would really like that. Thanks for any and all opinions and advise.
Did you buy this boat? I have one and like it. Not sure how long ago you posted. Im looking for a windshield for the sale boat and struggling to find any salvaged that are available. Do you possibly know of any? Thanks!