This site, and EVERYONE here, truly ROCKS!!!

USRMeMP

Recruit
I'm relatively new to boating. My dad passed away in February and I inherited his 2002 Pro-Sport 2050WA, Yamaha 150. He bought the boat new while living in Key West and only logged 100 hours before moving inland. I brought the boat up to Wisconsin so she can see some good 'Nordwoods wadur, eh!'

Anyway, after spending hours (while at work so as to not interrupt my important leisure time!:D) reading through the many topics/threads, I have learned so very much. So much that I want to thank all of you that post AND reply. One thing that really stood out was the sense of humor in many of the replies and that made me realize, above all, that boating is fun!

After almost 6 years of sitting on the trailer, "Dad's Boat" is really close to getting back in the water! :)

Again, Thanks to All! This is an AWESOME site!!!

USRMeMP
Eau Claire, WI

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: This site, and EVERYONE here, truly ROCKS!!!

Welcome aboard iboats.

Sorry for your loss.

Put up some pics of that boat when you get her on some "wadur".

Where will you be boating? Long Lake is nice, Chetek is pretty shallow. Rice Lake is small. All excellent fishing though.

I know there are a lot more lake around, but those are the only ones close to Eau Claire that I have been to. Grew up summers in Danbury on Lake 26.

Up till last year had a little place on Chetek.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your father. I'm sure he'd be pleased you have his boat up and running.

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

Welcome, and I join everyone in extending our deepest sympathy for your loss. Its great to see you kept the boat and are keeping his memory alive in her.

Feel free to jump in at anytime with questions or comments. We won't bite.

Summer Fun

Banned

Ditto on what they said ^^^^^^^. :)

Welcome to iboats :) & Where are the pics of this new ride ??. :D

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Welcome aboard fellow Cheesehead!

Sorry you lost yer dad.

waterinthefuel

Commander

I think it does an honor to him to get his boat back in the water. That's what he would want anyway! So get 'er back in the drink and take a photo of it!!!! We want to see his legacy live on!

aspeck

Staff member

I think we need a moritorium on cheeseheads around here!!! The weather warms up and those critters just seem to come out of the woodwork! :eek::D

Just kidding, and welcome aboard. I also offer my condolensces. I am sure your dad would be happy to know that his Pro-Sport is going to get some use again! Remember him every time you take the boat out.

The first boat I owned was inherited from my Grandfather. Every boat since has been a part of his legacy and even though he passed away in 1974, I can't go out on the water without thinking about the love for boating and fishing that he instilled in me. So, take the boat out often and remember Dad!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I think we need a moritorium on cheeseheads around here!!! The weather warms up and those critters just seem to come out of the woodwork! :eek::D

That's because it's July and they FINALLY DEFROST from the winter ;)

Welcome to iboats.

Many of us here have lost a parent and other's close and we fully understand :(

You will enjoy it here and we really do like people from up North :D

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Welcome to IBoats , we are all here to help in any way we can , remember the only dumb question is the one never asked . Hope we can help you in the future and as you gain knowledge I know you will help others !!:D

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Welcome to IBoats , we are all here to help in any way we can , remember the only dumb question is the one never asked . Hope we can help you in the future and as you gain knowledge I know you will help others !!:D
I don't know. I've asked some pretty dumb questions that probably initiated face-to-palms all over the iBoat Global Community.:redface:

Sorry for your loss USRMeMP. Your doing good to keep his boat going.
Enjoy the memories and the time on the boat.

Jeep Man

Commander

Welcome aboard. Your right in your assessment, this is a pretty good place. Ask anything. There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers sometimes.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, welcome aboard!! Good luck with Dad's ride and WE WANT PICS!!! :)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to the best boating site you could ever wish to be.:D

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

sorry about your dad
wissota is a big lake heard its getting kinnda green already if your looking to party the chetec chain is a fun place
and i used to musky fish on lake 26 but the waters way down and cant get the boat in anymore

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

sorry about your dad
wissota is a big lake heard its getting kinnda green already if your looking to party the chetec chain is a fun place
and i used to musky fish on lake 26 but the waters way down and cant get the boat in anymore

WOW, someone that has actually heard of Lake 26.:) Most people think I made it up.:rolleyes:

Yeah, Chetek is a fun place. I sure miss it.:(

USRMeMP, you'll have a lot of fun with that boat. Just be sure to play it safe.

USRMeMP

Recruit

Thanks for all of the condolence's and well-wishes! Means a lot! :)

My first thought was to put her in Lake Wissota only because of the proximity, BUT... I've had a few co-workers suggest either the Mississippi or St. Croix rivers. My dad was a member of the CG Aux in Key West and I just found out there's a flotilla in LaCrosse so I might consider joining.

I will have pictures posted very soon. I didn't want to jinx anything until I was sure she was going to see water so I haven't taken any yet. After long, careful inspection and maintenance, I'm firing up the motor this weekend and, if "Murphy" stays away, I'll have her in the water Sunday :D:D:D(crossing all fingers!) I'll be sure to take some pictures during the renaming ceremony and post asap!

I do have one question... what's with the ranks? More specifically, how does one get "promoted"?

Summer Fun

Banned

until I was sure she was going to see water
Well did it sink ??.Or are you still out on the water enjoying Dads boat ??. :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Welcome aboard!

There is probably enough water on your roadways today to float her.;)