Things kids do!

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Things kids do!

If there isn't an open season on them, I could care less what they look like. :p

aspeck

Staff member

Now, now Carpy. Just cause you is a little dimwitted (shows on your choice of B-ball teams), doesn't mean you got to go round starting rumors.<br /><br />Carpy, resident doe tags go in Monday, non-residents in 2 weeks. You gonna come and stick a couple with the gang? You too, GG?

gaugeguy

Captain

I've got a friend that goes to a farm in PA (from what I understand it is huge) and they get "slaughter tags" from the farm owner. They then just drive around the wood roads and shoot does out of the back of a pick up...doesn't sound like hunting to me speck.<br /><br />But you never know, If I stick a couple here in the first month, I could be coaxed into helping out with the over population problem you guys have over there. ;)

aspeck

Staff member

Over population - about stuck one on Sunday - afternoon it walks into back yard and munches on shrubs. Daughter goes to back porch (about 25 yards from deer) and waves and yells "HI DEER!" Just stands there. I take daughter to the deer - about 5 yards from it before it decides it better leave. Too many neighbors out, but next time ... stinking deer eating my shrubs when the woods is right next door!

gaugeguy

Captain

They sound pretty tame over there. Do you have that 4x4 point restriction where you are? Supposed to be turning PA into big buck heaven, seen any hat rackers runnin around?

aspeck

Staff member

Not 4x4, it is 3 points on one side restriction, and yes, we have it. Saw lots of bigguns last year before season, nothing during. Seen lots of doe so far this year, and a little 4 point, but nothing big yet, but then I have only been home for a couple weeks. Picked up the buck tag today along with the archery and muzzleloader stamps. Sunday the first doe tag goes in, then in 3 weeks if there are still doe tags left, time for round 2. Will see what happens.<br /><br />They are pretty tame till we start chasing 'em. Littlest aspeck already points out the bucks to the old man!