FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
just askin,,i was told it was ok,,,just wanted to hear other opinions,,,,tryin to find place to order one,,,,i no longer have a merc dealer anywhere near me
You need to restrict the water flow to keep water pressure in the water jacket. Otherwise you could get a hot spot on a cylinder and start the water to boil creating a super heat situation in you engine burning a piston or scuffing the piston skirts and rings. I have run washer in place of thermostats with a small hole in them The size hole depended on the engine and cooling system.
I do not run both thermostats in mine,,,it came from Florida and did not have any,,,therefore I am not going to change it, and it has been fine.
You should if, has been using a thermo and under warranty.