THE YANKEES WIN

KennyKenCan

Commander
The New York Yankees are the American League East Champions...AGAIN, for the 7th consecutive year, and make the playoffs for the 10th consecutive year, and earn their 40th American League East Pennant in franshise history, a MLB record!<br /><br />Attracted over 4 million fans to Yankee Stadium!<br /><br />Attracted over 3.5 million fans to away games, another MLB record!<br /><br />Hit 241 home runs during the season, which breaks the previous MLB record of 240 home runs, held by the '61 NY Yankees, and the season ain't over yet! 3 games remaining in Toronto starting tonight.<br /><br />What more do I have to say?

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: THE YANKEES WIN

Capt. Kidd<br /><br />You a Boston fan?<br /><br />I figured you'd be routing on the Astros?<br /><br />Wouldn't that be great...<br /><br />The Houston Astro's vs. The New York Yankees in the World Series.<br /><br />Now that would be a grand series!

KennyKenCan

Commander

Sorry tylerin,<br /><br />I have enough swamp land here, don't need any more.

gaugeguy

Captain

That's cool, I want the Red Sox to beat Minnesota, NY and then St. Louis in the WS. And I don't want to hear no whining when it happens! ;)

KennyKenCan

Commander

We shall see gaugeguy, we shall see.<br /><br />I wish all you Red Sox fans all the best of luck out there, as this post season is beginning to shape up pretty nicely this year.<br /><br />Only time will give us the answers.

tylerin

Commander

Gauge and I made a deal.. Sox win the Series and I'm going to NH for the big celebration. Got the wife's approval and all. GO SOX!! :)

gaugeguy

Captain

That's right!!!<br /><br />I think honestly, as a baseball fan (not a Sox fan) that the Sox have the best team in the AL, the starting pitching is the achilles heel for the other 3 teams. The Yankees bats are bigger than the Sox's, but the pitching will swing the pendulum to the Sox's favor.<br /><br />But heck, what do I know...I was celebrating the Sox's WS win in '86, and even last year in game 7 against the Yanks :(

KennyKenCan

Commander

Yea but, Boston lost in '86, to the New York Mets (choke, cough), and last year against the New York Yankees (choke, cough).

KennyKenCan

Commander

We care KaGee!!<br /><br />Just because you don't care, don't ruin it for those who do!

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> Capt. Kidd<br /><br />You a Boston fan?<br /><br />I figured you'd be routing on the Astros?<br /><br />
No, I root for two teams. The Texas Rangers, and whoever is playing the Yankees.<br /><br />My Rangers overachieved this year, but they aren't in it anymore. :(

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Who cares! :rolleyes:
This is the time of year I live for, the leaves are changing, I am hunting whitetails, and the SOX ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS...

gaugeguy

Captain

Oh yeah KKC, last year I was kind of humble, hoping not to jinx the Sox. That obviously didn't work, so I'm gonna be a little more boisterous this year...ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BASEBALL :p

KennyKenCan

Commander

Capt. Kidd,<br /><br />I too like the Rangers.<br /><br />Can't believe they blew it this year!<br /><br />So, you are just a profressional Yankee hater?<br /><br />Or are just an underdog liker? (Liker, is that a word?)<br /><br />I, myself, just enjoy the game, but the Yankees are my favorite, always have, always will be.