The wailing begins!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
The mandatory recount is finished. Washington has a new Governor. It's Dino Rossi, the Repuplican, by 42 votes out of 2.8 million.<br /><br />The mandatory recount, including the court supported, selective hand counting by the Libs, resulted in a reduction in the original margin, by about 220 votes. But Rossi still prevailed.<br /><br />The Democrats are wailing so loud they can probably be heard in Washington DC. "Not every vote has been counted yet"<br /><br />The Libs will undoubtedly call for, and pay for a statewide recount by hand. They desperately want to get their hands on these ballots so they can divine as many as it takes to get the Democrat into office.<br /><br />These people make me want to puke! As has been said before. Morals? What morals? We don't need no stinkin morals!!

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: The wailing begins!

If they were 42 ahead they would raise hell id the Repub's wanted a recount!<br /><br />I getting so no Dem gets my vote - my little protest for their tactics.

Link

Rear Admiral

I've never been a one party or issue voter until now.<br />This is a email I sent to a local radio host<br /><br />Her Office number<br />206-328-2969 No Answer Rang 35 times. Before that they were just hanging up on everyone<br /> <br />Democrate Office number<br />206-582-0664 Told them I'd never vote for another Democrate again if she didn't give up this election. And that is the truth. I won't. Between Gore in 2000 and this now forget it. <br /> <br />V/R<br />Link in Lakewood

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You gotta take pity on those poor Liberal/Democrat/Lefties... nothing's going right for them... and Boomyal won't let them forget it... :D :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

But after such tactical interference, you cannot take pity on them. Instead, you get the feeling they need to be incarcerated for a couple of years, because it borders upon criminal. I get a vision in my head of Russia's recent joke of an election.

KaGee

Admiral

Not so far fetched either 12F.<br /><br />One thing though that the Republicans need to do a better job at is getting out the "dead" vote. Too many "dead" Dems are voting.... we gotta even up the score! :p

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by 62_Kiwi:<br /> You gotta take pity on those poor Liberal/Democrat/Lefties... nothing's going right for them... and Boomyal won't let them forget it... :D :D
Seems to be my calling, in latter life! :D :D

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hell, I'm dead. I just may vote for somebody. Who is running for something? What do dead people get for voting these days?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Not so far fetched either 12F.<br /><br />One thing though that the Republicans need to do a better job at is getting out the "dead" vote. Too many "dead" Dems are voting.... we gotta even up the score! :p
Well, if not the dead, KaGee, at least the homeless. :rolleyes:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Here is a copy of the email that I just mailed to Christine Gregoire, the Democratic candidate. I'm sure it will have no effect, but atleast I have spoken my peace.<br /><br />Dear Ms. Gregoire:<br /><br />I am sure that the results of the now completed recount are a dissappointment to you. I would not want to be in either of your shoes, but it would be my hope that, having had the recount, you would now abide by the results that the two counts have dictated.<br /> <br />It would be a good step toward resurrecting the sullied reputation of the Democratic Party that resulted from the childish show that Al Gore put on in Florida in 2000.<br /> <br />The people are tired of this kind of thing, soaking up energy in the governments, that could be better used elsewhere.<br /> <br />Please show us what you are made of and lets get on with the business of the people.<br /> <br />Sincerely,

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Some minor aide read your email before deleting it and put a checkmark on a survey form which will be deleted next week. Ain't bureaucracy a wonderful thing? :(

KaGee

Admiral

I heard this morning that they are gonna fight for a third recount....by hand. At a cost to you taxpayers out there in Washington of around $700,000. Just goes to show you how serious the Dems are about financial matters.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I think this goes more to the selfishness of an individual who thinks that their civic calling is more important than the public good. It is time that the democratic party withdraw their support of another recall and use the funds for her next campaign instead of dragging the population through what is the quagmier of the government election process.<br /><br />Judges need to stop legislating from the bench and changing election law based on emotion and potentially personal bias.<br /><br />It's done to the extent of the law, let it go.

woodrat

Ensign

As if the repubs wouldn't want a recount if they narrowed a 200 some vote lead to 42 votes with the first recount! This whole business of democrats=bad, repubs=good is sooo tiresome. In fact, every bit as tiresome as the other side's democrats=good, repubs=bad.<br /><br />Personally I don't care which of those jokers wins. One is a establishment BS democrat, the other a boilerplate anything-big-business-wants real estate developer repub. No wonder its such an even split. People probably had to toss a coin at the voting booth. <br /><br />Rossi was acting like he'd already won and was holding press conferences to that effect back when gregoire still led him by thousands. <br /><br />By the way, if the dems have been engaging in massive and pervasive election fraud, as a lot of you partisan repubs keep claiming, then how come it's the repubs who are winning all these close calls? Dems just impcompetent, even at stealing votes? Or is it really just that america is about 85% staunch repubs, and the dems jsut can't seem to ever steal enough? Or maybe the repubs have engaged in a little hanky-panky of their own? naw, that couldn't be it, they're too pure of heart...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> As if the repubs wouldn't want a recount if they narrowed a 200 some vote lead to 42 votes with the first recount! This whole business of democrats=bad, repubs=good is sooo tiresome. In fact, every bit as tiresome as the other side's democrats=good, repubs=bad.<br />
<br />There is the main reason I'm a "boilerplate anything-big-business-wants real estate developer repub".<br />And Bush won the morals vote solidly. It is for the same reason.

woodrat

Ensign

The idea that partisan christian republicans are the only ones in this country with "morals" is repugnant and tiresome. It's not even been a month since the "election" and I am already sooo tired of hearing about Bush and his "moral values" ...<br /><br />and the idea that big-business is guided by anything but monetary values is just plain wrong. How is it then that the repubs can claim it all? "moral values" and serving mammon at the same time...<br /><br />Christ threw the money changers out of the temple, didn't he?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Sorry you misunderstood my post, "Woodrat".<br />But I did not state "Christian" anything in my post! I think you are gun-shy. Iether that, or you consider Christians ineligable to vote thier concience, if such concience is morally ethical.<br />Iether way, I reserve and protect my rights as an American to vote for the morally-ethical canidate, regardless of thier stated party affiliation.<br />BTW, in God I trust.

woodrat

Ensign

Only problem was, there WAS no morally ethical candidate...<br /><br />Speaking of ethics, have the ethical house repubs decided yet whether they are going to revoke their own "ethics" rules to keep DeLay if he gets indicted? That one has been cracking me up! I also really love the party of small government having slipped in a little line in to the big omnibus bill giving pretty much any member of congress or their staff the right to look at anyone's tax returns..<br /><br />Ethics! har har har! Moral values! snicker guffaw! :D <br /><br />As far as the Christian thing goes, you have made a pretty big point out of indentifying yourself by your faith, and the repubs have made a pretty big deal out of claiming God and Christ are on their side, and generally the Christain movement always make a pretty big deal out of how they hold the key to all morality, it all just starts to blur together after a while... Sorry for the mix up!