The saga continues

Seaman
Hi all got my hands on avo analogue meter continued testing found one channel down on stator,ordered and fitted stator from cdi ignition Usa,still had misfire swapped cdi units about etc until identifying that it was cdi supplying 1&2 cylinder replaced that cdi pack started up in anticipation of all being good to then find no spark delivery to no3 cylinder went to ignition switch pulled out of dash with the intention of disconnection of kill I white wire and helm safety kill first thought check all wires put screwdriver on them all all good but went ahead and cranked her up just in case,but as ign switch not in dash I’m now holding it Whitt’s cranking it up where by I get an ignition shock from white lead so disconnect kill wire safety kill at ign switch go to motor and disconnect pack kill wires thinking will now run 4 cylinders nope still on 3 for the sake of sanity anyone got any ideas please I’m fresh out

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Check the trigger leads, they are VERY THIN and break under the shrink wrap, do the tug test and see if the lead pulls out of the connector???
#3 operates the fuel pump, check the diaphragm??

A "New" pack can be bad right out of the box.
A stator can test good and still fail.

Seaman
Thanks Jerry will check all that but this is an ongoing one if you remember me. Recirc changed transfer ports engine rebuild as result seeing broken rings but still chasing original misfire

Seaman
The thing that’s a puzzle to me was misfire on cyl 1 no spark changed out cdi supplying no 1& 2 one and to has spark now no3 has no spark.also the fact at the dash with ignition switch in my hand got shock from white wire is that right or wrong ?.