The R?surrection of the SeaGem

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant
Re: The R?surrection of the SeaGem

MITS???

lol...You didnt see the abuse he took in the Hijack thread over them sledge hammers? lol

From afar mind you.......veeeeery afar

ROFL Hey Kev(Harry lol)

Man that's not abuse, its a boost to my ego LOL :eek: Funny story comments have been made about my mitts since I was in high school @ 16yo and yes I was a big time scraper back then @ 5'5" and a minority in my neighborhood I really didn't have a choice, I was like the Tanzanian devil back then. A also have the broken noses,arms missing teeth etc to go along with it lol But man was it a lot of fun :D I can identify with how the boy named Sue felt lol. Its amazing the muscle you build in your hands turning wrenches and rowing.

OK Hijack LOL Oops wrong thread Oh Well LOL its all good!!!

Got lazy today, finished dealing with electrical inspectors and was home by noon but got lazy. I have everything to finish the boat, went outside started to bolt up the Alt, power steering pimp heat exchanger etc, got lazy came in and cracked open a BEER :eek::D its a Friday, now I' on my 9th Bud Ice :) . Tomorrow I am going to be up in a tree pruning branches with my chin saw so the new electric lines can be run to the home I installed the 200amp setup. Sooner or later my wife is gonna strart complaining I haven't mowed the grass this year (Ooops) and although I haven't mentioned it to my wife I want to keep my son Liam out of school next friday and go upstate to our home up there for a few days of clearing fields catchin snakes and fishing in the Delaware River :) , just me and my little man time. God has given me a do over, I am very lucky to be able to do editthings I missed out on and messed up with my older children I only hope they can forgive me.

EDIT- Hey Kev You have a PM

sprintst

Commander

Make sure you tie off so you don't bounce out of that tree. We'll never find out how the boat turns out :)

sprintst

Commander

I worked too much for sure as well. Hence completing the boat so we can all hang out.

I'll take a day here in the next bit to take them to the rifle range so we can do some plinking.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Lokar has the solution to your dipstick problem:

http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/engdipstick.htm

I've used their products in the past. Quality stuff.

Hey Shife,
Thanks for the link I have used their parts in the past great stuff nice quality. An automotive dipstickl won't work on a boat. The angle to sneek it between the manifold and head is different along with the length. A auto stick tube is about 6" were a marine one is about 14" to clear the exhaust manifold

Make sure you tie off so you don't bounce out of that tree. We'll never find out how the boat turns out :)

LOL But that takes all the fun out of it :). I have pics somewere that wifey took of me weilding a chainsaw 50' up without a lifeline :eek:

Shooting range sounds good
wifey told me My son and I can't go upstate friday for the weekend :( turns out its Memorial Day when in the world did this happen and sneak up on me so fast

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like you made out Ok with the 200 amp? Hope all is well, if you will be around tomorrow I plan on swinging by?

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Thanks Shadetree

Hey Vert-
The 200A went fine although there were lots of wiring repairs that I had to make outside the panel. There were open grounds, 220v circuits on singles insead of double breakers etc + there was a main panel and a sub what a mess. I tore out both and installed a 40x40 put in a row of J boxes to extend wires etc. It took 2 days to get it all clean and neat and its still not as clean looking as I'd like :(. Now its just waiting for LIPA, and although I ran all new grounds I still want to change out the original grounding clamps at the water meter, their Galv on copper pipes and have bi-metal corrosion.

I'm not going to be home in the morning Liam has a baseball game then I have to go cut down 2 branches at my brothers although I'm thinking of doing that tomorrow instead because I would really like to get the engine in the boat. At any rate I should be home in the afternoon, give a call

Bill

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

I saw the back of an alignment tool sticking out of the transom assembly so that must be a good sign that the motor went in???? :D

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I saw the back of an alignment tool sticking out of the transom assembly so that must be a good sign that the motor went in???? :D

You were here???? Shoot, I'm sorry, you should have called :(. Got the engine in, my wife's cousins came over about 4pm so we all went to the carnival at the mall.
Yep you missed all the fun, engine is in, couldn't get it aligned that's going to take 2 people Oops getting yelled at time for dinner

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Vert, I just saw the torch om my front porch :redface:. I didn't even realize it was there I usually have stuff piled high on it so its like I don't notice things there anymore lol.

Ok dinner over, company gone, now I can post some pics

Engine being hoisted down, times like this I am real glad to have that truck and all my rigging equipment. Hehehe

100_9955.jpg

Setting engine in place, my boy was taking the pics, and yes I know I shouldn't be smoking. I'm a perfect example that it stunts your growth, I used to be 6'3" now I'm a shrimp lol
100_9956.jpg

and finally Ta-da
100_9957.jpg

Now I just have to bolt the rest up, exhaust carb wiring etc...

I am concerned about the exhaust elbows, I am using 4" risers the Y pipe is 3" I have the mercruiser 3x4 elbow but I don't like the reduction on the 4" side. With reduction on the 4 it seems tight and very restrictive. I think I am going to try to find a wat to use a 4" elbow with a fitting reducer on the drop. I wonder if I could use CPVC or copper for it

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Bill,
It's nice to see the motor going in.
The smoking habit, I won't say anything about I have the same problem.
That rig looks like it would be pretty handy to have.
Take care
Bob

sprintst

Commander

You definately got to give up the smoking for the kids. I gave up my whoring...same but different bad habit :)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I know I really need to quit, my son keeps telling me he don't want me to die :(
My wife quit 2 years ago, I had quit about 3 years ago for a bit, used to ride my bicycle 15miles a day, then wound up in the hospital for a week. When I got out came home to find the buisness a mess, my motorcycle had fallen over busted the new Givi windshield and luggage case .......started smoking and drinking again:eek:

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I almost forgot, my wifes cousin was over last night. He works for a compactor company and made up a oil drain line with hydraulic hose:)
101_0003.jpg

I had already tapped the pan 3/8" pipe thread, He even gave me a heavy duty quick connect so I can set my pony pump up with the one side and permanently mount the other end on a bracket on the boat

101_0005.jpg

83mulligan

Senior Chief Petty Officer

sounds like things are coming along nicely, bill. yeah, the smoking thing is tough. I quit drinking almost 4 years ago, still need to kick the tobacco habit. Its not easy. any of it.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

sounds like things are coming along nicely, bill. yeah, the smoking thing is tough. I quit drinking almost 4 years ago, still need to kick the tobacco habit. Its not easy. any of it.

Thanks Steve,
I wanted to do some work today but Im just to tired from helping my brother Ross

I hear ya Brother on the smoking and drinking. I can't seem to quit either one :(. One of these days I'm going to have to do a complete change of lifestyle, but as you probably know its a state of mind and people supporting you, I'm just not there yet on either count sorry to say

Edit-at least I have stopped my womanizing 10 years ago, that's a start lol

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Let me know if you need a hand with the engine alignment.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Let me know if you need a hand with the engine alignment.

I appreciate that, I just might take you up on that. Id say next weekend but that's Memorial day Weekend, don't want to upset our better 1/2's. I am going to lift the engine some and pull the mounts tomorrow, the adjustment nuts are to stiff. I figure I will but them in the vice and free the bottom nuts. The engine is sitting crooked right now I want to get it straight then take it from there.

I think my bigger problem is figuring out the exhaust, I'm temped to say scr&w the neighbors, install through the hull and call it a day lol