The Police(nazi) state I live in...

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: The Police(nazi) state I live in...

$75 is what a tank of gas??? There are other more important things to ***** about IMHO.

crunch

Commander

Pony said:
$75 is what a tank of gas??? There are other more important things to ***** about IMHO.

Ahhhhh... I was going to ask what the ***** was, but when you Quote/reply, it shows you what the ***** means... Bitchin' 8)

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Pony said:

Tank of gas for what!?!?! The max I've had to pay was around $60 to fill my truck. Maybe for a Suburban it's $75! That, or you have some dang expensive gas around you!

I didn't ask anyone if I should pay the fine or not. Why do half of you feel the need to tell me to just pay the fine? I've clearly stated I don't intend to. I have plenty of free time, as I only have school during the day. No skin off my back, and as I've stated, it's what I obviously intend to do(fight it, that is). Yes it's a gamble, but I believe it's worth it. I don't believe the system is fair and just as is.

If the fine was $500, would you all be saying the same thing? Just pay it? What about $600, or $800? Where is the line drawn? If everyone just pays the fine, they just keep raising the fine. The only way to keep our officers in check, is to contest their judgements in court. If they are issuing citations that get thrown out, they start to actually use the better part of judgement before they issue them, rather than blatently issuing citations.

And I might add, if you were pulled over for going 46 in a 45, would you simply pay the fine? What if your speedometer said you were going 44, but the officer wrote you a ticket for 46? Is it simply ok to just pay the fine all the time, with no checks and balances on the system?

This is the reason I fight these things. Well, partly because I don't want to give them my money. But also to keep the system in check. That's why the dang system is setup the way it is.

Also.. I edited my last post, as I felt I was a bit.. uh, abrasive in it.

crunch

Commander

I used to be that idealistic... you'll grow out of it.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I didn't ask anyone if I should pay the fine or not. Why do half of you feel the need to tell me to just pay the fine?

You felt the need to rant about it. What exactly did you expect when you originally started the thread? That everyone would agree with you? That would be......well absurd. Its the way things work here man, you make a statement and then 50 people tell you why it is wrong or how you can make a better one. If the $ wasnt an issue and you didnt want a comment about it from anyone here, then why mention it in the first place?

crunch

Commander

Kids... they eventually grow up... if they live that long.

crunch

Commander

What I find sad is....... this thread has as many posts as the HOTD thread....... we have to get the priorities in order here. :'(

Pony

Rear Admiral

custombycrunch said:
Kids... they eventually grow up... if they live that long.

You just made me feel old 8)

crunch

Commander

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

You, in your 20's?... wait a few years....

Pony

Rear Admiral

custombycrunch said:
What I find sad is....... this thread has as many posts as the HOTD thread....... we have to get the priorities in order here. :'(

It also has almost twice the views too d:).

custombycrunch said:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

You, in your 20's?... wait a few years....

LOL, trying to get a laugh outta ya d:)

I'm happy at the age I'm at. Sometimes wish my views were taken more seriously, but I am judged by the company I keep........

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

I found it entertaining with the refernce to the use of the term nazi. My daughter called my son the computer nazi because he was on it a lot. I was called the bandwidth nazi because I played online games.

Sienfeld had its Soup Nazi..........:/:/:/8)

waterinthefuel

Commander

Speedwagon, I've been locked up before so the cops won't receive any sympathy with me, but your arguments just don't hold water. Using the ramp, i.e. launching your boat, isn't blocking the ramp. Taking off in your boat leaving your truck unattended is. Just like any law, it's up for personal interpretation and discretion. While I think all cops are pricks, you did break the law. A warning would have been my call had I been a cop, especially if I could see you on the water.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

popcorn.gif

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Tank of gas for what!?!?! The max I've had to pay was around $60 to fill my truck. Maybe for a Suburban it's $75! That, or you have some dang expensive gas around you!

More than that. My suburban holds 42 gallons. Gas avarages 2.03 around here. You do the math. 2 months ago it avaraged 2.20. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!

crunch

Commander

My F-250 diesel holds 38 gals. Diesel is 2.89 here now, 2 months ago it was 3.49.... what are you bicking about? :%

Chief101

Chief Petty Officer

JasonJ said:
Yeah, the ticket sucks, but how would you have felt if there was a vehicle parked as yours was when you went over there. The very fact that you decided to use the ramp means someone else may have wanted to use it. How do you know someone didn't come by and call the police because they couldn't use the ramp? Just pay it and do the right thing next time..

BTW, law enforcement success is determined by the LACK of crime in a given area. Lack of crime is achieved by police presence, and community involvement. Maybe instead of whining about a town having too many cops, you should be glad you don't have to deal with high crime in the first place. I live in a small town, there is a significant police presence, and the worst crime we have is some drug activity and DUIs. I'll take that over drive-bys and home invasions any day...

--GQ--

Chief Petty Officer

You see Speedy, the war in Iraq drained the system to an all time low. By paying the $75 ticket, you are replenishing the system thus directly contributing to the welfare of the next generation or the burden will be on them. Think about. Is this what you want hmmm? Don't you want your son or daughter to have a future? Remember each ticket is only a little rain drop but together they make a bucket of water. You see what I'm saying. So go pay the ticket and feel proud. My work is done. 8)

Terry Olson

Chief Petty Officer

I'm late to this party but I have to say that the whole thing is ridiculous.

Another example of the seemingly limitless human ability to rationalize anything. You know why you shouldn't have done what you did - yet it's easier for you to make judgements about the cop doing her job.

Find a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

And the rest of you cop-bashers would do well to remember that cops are a whole bunch of individuals, to be judged as individuals. I arrested a guy driving a Chevy one time so now every guy driving a Chevy is a crook? If that's wrong so is judging all by the actions of one or a few.

If you expect it from the police you should be living it yourselves right? Or is it OK to be a hypocrite?

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Terry said:
I'm late to this party but I have to say that the whole thing is ridiculous.

Another example of the seemingly limitless human ability to rationalize anything. You know why you shouldn't have done what you did - yet it's easier for you to make judgements about the cop doing her job.

Find a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

And the rest of you cop-bashers would do well to remember that cops are a whole bunch of individuals, to be judged as individuals. I arrested a guy driving a Chevy one time so now every guy driving a Chevy is a crook? If that's wrong so is judging all by the actions of one or a few.

If you expect it from the police you should be living it yourselves right? Or is it OK to be a hypocrite?

What's ridiculous is that she didn't have the decency to even TALK to me. She just sat there, writing out a ticket, without so much as saying "Hi, you shouldn't be doing this." She wouldn't have even SAID HELLO if I hadn't said it first, and gotten out of my truck.

That, my friend, is a POOR EXAMPLE of an officer of the law. You can say anything you want, but she makes all the other officers look bad.

And how is it easier for me to go to court, fight this ticket, and to simply pay it and "justify" why I shouldn't have gotten it? It would appear I am not taking the easy road here. Maybe you should find a mirror before pointing fingers?