The maiden voyge

dazid1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
As promised hers the update.

Where do I start.
Day 1 put the wildcat in the water, it just turns over with no spark, big spark at the points, not good. Where do I get a condenser from? Merc dealer in balloch hasn't got one. drove all over locally untill a guy in a garage tells me there is a lawn mower repair buisiness up the road, got one, slight mod and its ready for day two. I did notice on day one that water was getting in somewhere, not sure where but mean to check before I go.

Day2 in it goes, its running, everytime it goes into gear it stalls. Warm it up, into gear and it goes, slow but it goes with no noises that shouldnt be there.
Every time I tried to open it up it started to stall eventually after about ten mins I slowly openend it up and it went onto the plain ok then the fan belt snapped and the temp started to go up, pulled it out. The merc dealer had a belt but it would'nt fit too small far too small. I was sat on the camp site about to throw in the towel when an RAC van went past he had a belt that fit so we were on again. back in the water it was slow to pick up but went for a while but was getting hot after a few mins back down to tickover and it was cooling ok so I played for a while till it stopped. Opened the cover and steam was comming from it and the water feed pipe was hot, I though the impeller had given up. I waited for a while and started it and it cooled ok but I didn't want to risk it any further so pulled it out.
day 3 and 4 Trusty old simms super v but my heart was'nt in it the same had a ski and thats it.
So I think it may be time to part company with it, try and get some money back and start again I would like the bigger engine as I don't think its got the power that I need, somewhere out there there must be a v8 with my name on it.

Daz

recoil

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: The maiden voyge

hi daz sorry to hear you had a nightmare . sometimes its just how it goes we had years of taking the boat to the river and it not running or something going wrong , being towed back , alsorts of problems , at the weekend of the first of june we skied the bridge to bridge wich is around 75 miles , the boat and engine performed with out fault { sorry m8 did nt mean to rub it in } we skied at a steady 32mph we shared the sking but i recon i skied around 35mile and the other two brothers skied about 20 each . the last 6 miles we opened her up and i was sking at asteady {45 mph mint} the arms and legs were burning abit lol .we used ?100 of fuel but we enjoyed it. if you go onto you tube and put in jamescameron all one word you can see my seven year lad take is first ski unadded , i will get some footage of the boat in action down at the river this year m8 so you can have a look , keep a eye on ebay cos winner wildcat do come up from time to time . ps dont give up

dazid1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Not sure if that made me feel beter or not.
Pulled the leg and the impella is ok bit deformed but ok, conected a pipe to the copper tube and the hose, It fired up first flick and ran ok, I am loosing a bit of water from a square unit that houses a rubber seal where the copper tube goes up in the leg but still dont think it was loosing eneugh to overheat, plus my tilt switches are toast, where do you ski recoil?
Going to check utube now.

Daz

recoil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hi daz we ski at marnham boat club its on the trent near to retford , you can get a new impeller kit ,there about ?20.00 of ebay

dazid1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Took the impella out its ok, little distorted but no reason not to pump, coupled the hose to it and there is a leak up top of the drive not much but its there, going to sort it at weekend, and re try probably change the stat as well, try for some new tilt switches and re test, I will go up to scotland again for a weekend to test it and leave my simms at home then I wont be tempted to use that.
Daz