The Lake will never be the same again

I do not believe your situation compares to the situation I am dealing with, I appreciate your perspective. The lake association I am talking about was organized, is run by 100% cabin owners that do not live full time on the lake. There is not a single full time resident on the board based on the attitude they have about "regulating" the lake beyond local and state laws.
Understood.

It sounds like some full time residents need to run for the board. If they can't get elected, then for better or worse their opinions are in the minority.

ScottinAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer
I do not believe your situation compares to the situation I am dealing with, I appreciate your perspective. The lake association I am talking about was organized, is run by 100% cabin owners that do not live full time on the lake. There is not a single full time resident on the board based on the attitude they have about "regulating" the lake beyond local and state laws.

sounds like the DNR (or your state equivalent) needs to let them know that anything they come up with is entirely unenforceable outside of their own little fiefdom. And good luck with them "enforcing" anything on non-members. It seems the "Lake HOA" needs to have their egos checked a little.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
sounds like the DNR (or your state equivalent) needs to let them know that anything they come up with is entirely unenforceable outside of their own little fiefdom. And good luck with them "enforcing" anything on non-members. It seems the "Lake HOA" needs to have their egos checked a little.

Yes a group that got in seems to be a bit too progressive in their perceived role. Let the dues cover lake monitoring and sampling. I am not paying for an outhouse at the public landing, or parking the boat not causing a wake after 4:00 pm.

ScottinAZ

Yes a group that got in seems to be a bit too progressive in their perceived role. Let the dues cover lake monitoring and sampling. I am not paying for an outhouse at the public landing, or parking the boat not causing a wake after 4:00 pm.

good luck with that one passing muster. They can set a "no wake" zone around their property, usually a certain distance out, but around these parts, the lake belongs to the state, and THEY set when you can run on it, not anyone else. That group would be promptly told to pound sand, and any "sanctions" they intend to impose on a non-member promptly turned over to law enforcement. (they boot or damage my boat, thats vandalism plain and simple, and is a crime in most places)

ScottinAZ

I think the board got the message when 3 people showed up for the yearly meeting. The boycott was not organized.
hopefully, but never underestimate the determination of a bunch of irritated "Karens"......

thedinz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My grandsons are getting old enough to tube behind the boat, at slow speed. I went and bought a 3 person tube with a back on it and handles for each seat. Put the boys on it with their Dad and started pulling was not 5 minutes and I was getting the speed up signal. 2-1/2 hours later the boys were hungry so we went in. We got up to just plaining speed and they love it. I think that the boys will be tubing every time they come over. My Grandsons are now official Minnesota water kids where they hop in the boat and come in to fuel up themselves and the boat all summer long.
This is what i live for, those memories will last a lifetime.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
This is what i live for, those memories will last a lifetime.
Boys were over for a sleep over Thursday night spent the day Friday we had a long list of things they wanted to do that we did not finish, they were not happy when Dad showed up to pick them up Friday night. Being that today is going to be stinking hot it was easy to talk them into coming over again today. Son is coming up to ski and bringing the grand dog. Sunday dinner at the lake and then sit on the patio and be thankful that I don't have to leave the cabin and drive back to the city. Well worth the 1:15 commute each way.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Well worth the 1:15 commute each way.
Coming from an area where mileage is a meaningless measure of distance, how far is your commute?

I’m 34 miles from work…….a 30 minute drive, but an accident away from needing a hotel

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Coming from an area where mileage is a meaningless measure of distance, how far is your commute?

I’m 34 miles from work…….a 30 minute drive, but an accident away from needing a hotel
83 miles each way, yeah an accident or a snow storm can make it a 2-1/2 hour ordeal. I leave home by 5:30 leave work by 2 pm and work from home from 3:30 on, unless I travel then I lave to leave home 3-4 hours before my flight.

Last edited:

DeepCMark58A

Commander
New tradition born at breakfast this morning, grandson asks me if I would take him for a rip down the lake again when he was done eating. I took them out in the new power and they love the hole shot and go fast down the lake. I will never refuse when the boys ask go for a morning rip down the lake.

thedinz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
New tradition born at breakfast this morning, grandson asks me if I would take him for a rip down the lake again when he was done eating. I took them out in the new power and they love the hole shot and go fast down the lake. I will never refuse when the boys ask go for a morning rip down the lake.
If you dont have one already, get a blackstone flattop grill and cook breakfast outside, it will only further enchance your day