The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Re: The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

HIJACK!

I dood it!! :D

Bought this 1983 Ford 1210 diesel 3 cylinder tractor today, plus a 4' bush hog. Also have an identical tractor for parts in the pipeline for cheap. The parts tractor body is in much better condition PLUS it has the MidMountedMower already in place. Dunno what parts I'll swap from which unit, but should be fun!

Now to get a box blade, a grading blade and a front end loader! :D

Hmmm... PhotoBucket isn't working the way it did before. Previously, I just hovered the cursor over a pic and the option to copy and select the img/url code popped up. Not doing it now. Any ideas?

I know ya'll need pix! :D

Edited to add pix... I figgered it out.

ford1.jpg

ford3.jpg

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Very sweat ride :)
May I suggest a set of chains, you put on and leave on 12 months of the year. you will thank me later.
rob

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey BWR Congratulations and welcome to the Tractor Owners Club :D
I agree with RBH you need a set of chains on her

That is what im talking about. Bill you work the throttle and I will drive.

Ok, I know I'm short but I think I can see over the bow ROFLMAO :D
Sorry bad joke from when I was like 7 looking to drive my dads car lol

I watched a video of a guy driving a Fountain today WOW he made it look easy but at 140mph it was some serious stuff
Didn't I see some thru-transom pipes on your new ride :D If you wanna build a "go fast" let me know and I'm there :D

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

HVAC and rbh... thanks!

Been a LONG time coming for me. I even had to throw in a .22 rifle in order to make the deal. But, I got it done!

And this tractor is just like any other project... never to be finished! :D

First step is to get a new battery... had to jump start it to get it running for the demo today. Next is to get a coupler for the hog-to-PTO drive. Then I'll actually USE it for the first time.

Got beaucoup work to do with it around here. Plenty to keep it busy for years to come.

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bwr that thing is sweet. My brother inlaw and I have been looking for a ford diesel tractor to mess with for a year now. No deals around where im from, good luck with it.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Bwr that thing is sweet. My brother inlaw and I have been looking for a ford diesel tractor to mess with for a year now. No deals around where im from, good luck with it.
Thanks! When it's all done (years from now) I hope it looks like this one, plus a few additional implements! :)

ford1210loaderbackhoe.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

HVAC and rbh... are ya'll saying I should get chains because I don't have ag tires on the little beastie? No snow around here after all. :D

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

HVAC and rbh... are ya'll saying I should get chains because I don't have ag tires on the little beastie? No snow around here after all. :D

I don't use mine in the snow either. On my little tractor I have chains and wheel weights, I found that otherwise I slip on inclines or if its a little wet or muddy. When we got the new little one I initially tried using it without the chains and it was a nightmare hope that helps a little

Bill

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ah, you will be fine with those turf tires, especially after you are done hanging all the doodads on it! The other guys are just into things that move snow!!!!!

Sweet iron.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Ah, you will be fine with those turf tires, especially after you are done hanging all the doodads on it! The other guys are just into things that move snow!!!!!

Sweet iron.
Thanks! I was hoping that's the case. As you can see from the pix, all I have around here is sand and weeds... no mud! Drainage is essentially immediate.

Visited the dealer that has the 1210 parts machine this afternoon. His initial, off the cuff estimate is that his tractor would bring $600 from a salvage company. OUCH! I only gave $800 for mine WITH the bush hog. He knows that and also knows that he can build good will with me as a new customer. Hopefully, they'll treat me right and give me a good price, like maybe 200 bucks or something. I hope!

Gonna buy a new battery for mine tonight, which hadn't been run for 8 months until we got it going yesterday. The battery is totally shot and it took us 40 minutes of futzing around to get it jump started. But it DOES run!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Baddest BBQ ever..PERIOD
bestbbqever.jpg

I AGREE that is super creative and awsomely done!

HI KEV!

BWR rad tractor...doesnt look like it should break the bank too bad on parts...good deal! and that snow is something eh...heard they got like 29 inches or some crap in DC area...yikes!

HIJACK

hope everyones week is going well! mines "jacked a bit" considering the wifes friend, has a kid, well they came by for dinner, well.... he had STREP THROAT...my flipping wife got it now, fever and all...nice of the friend eh? I havent caught it .......YET...and our 2 girls are doing ok..they got a little sick... then better fast..... WHEW.....

lets bring a coughing sick kid over to the people with no insurances house... and see what happens! we got sick from other peoples kids more times than I can count...and the "friends" or my sisters etc just bring thier sick kids over without saying a word..(all are sick from DAYCARE B.T.W.)..so now if anyone comes by ...with a KID..........the new rule is ask "IS YOUR KID SICK? " because it effects 4 of us....
jeez what a pain....use common sense people! :eek:

double back HIJACK car repair whining and complaining...:eek:

Ive decided Chevys are designed just as poorly as fords if not worse...did trans pan gasket and filter maint today on my 1996 chebbie c1500, what a pain! danged crossmember had to come out...had to jack the trans till it bout snapped the tailshaft off so there was clearance enough to move the crossmember back a bit to remove the pan...couldnt even SEE the bolts before I moved that member.

Changing oil wasnt too bad, big mess when I spun the oil filter off......but overall decent design there....same with fuel filter and new belt tensioner pulley, good to go. easy.

the trailer electric brake controller I installed last week was a PAIN on the chvy, hours of tinkering!

wasnt easy like my Ford...on that f150 it was easy as hooking up fords supplied harness to the brake controller for the RV...20 minutes later it was working perfect...that harness came in the glovebox with the new truck BTW.

The older chevy c1500....after removing the aftermarket alarm that was causing havoc......I found a tangled mess of adapters with an aftermarket trailer connector at the back of the truck....removed the duct tape job and such...un hooked up wires etc and so forth....found 2 chevy supplied extra wire running from the firewall to the back near trailer hookup, so I used those to hook up the trailer brake and such...ran em into the firewall in under dash....then installed an automatic circuit breaker to the Positive battery terminal (after torch soldering the 10 guage wire to it) for power for the prodigy brake controller...anyways I am BLABBIN aint I.:eek:..either way I did it right and now it all works flawlessly....

next is check brakes, lube bearings, mebbe fabricate a tonnaeu cover for it? hmm more projects. gotta have a dependable ride eh!
:D

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

...BWR rad tractor...doesnt look like it should break the bank too bad on parts...good deal! and that snow is something eh...heard they got like 29 inches or some crap in DC area...yikes!
Thanks VPM!

Yeah, I grew up in the DC area and remember the big blizzard of 1968. Moved BACK to that area in 1988 and put up with the 17 ice storms of 1993-94 and was trapped in my 1BR apartment with my 2 daughters in the blizzard of 1996, then left for the final time in 1998 when I moved down here. Don't miss that cold stuff at ALL! :D

Total bummer about your vehicle issues. Been there, done that myself. Got a few things needing attention on my car right now, but a tractor was obviously more important! LOL ;)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

ofcourse BWR...a new tractor was the logical choice!

=============================

yeah Im being whiney about the chebbie....spoiled with having new trucks for the last 5 years......

I like the new Chevy but want a bigger truck..its too small in the extra cab area and there is no 3rd door which is a pain to get kids in out, gear in back seat etc...and the stepside were never a favorite of mine, the bed is too small no room for extr gear when we got the off road go cart loaded in there (extra gear such a sa dirt bike or 2) lol..mebbe if things turn around by next year we will get a different truck...mebbe f250 or 3rd door full size bed chevy truck...mebbe a 2000 or 2001 series

heres a pic last weekend out near Barstow Calif on a campout 4x4 trip
chevyrig.jpg

me and the kids with the offroad go kart...this thing is a ball.....$500 used....fun stuff
gokart.jpg

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

ofcourse BWR...a new tractor was the logical choice!

=============================

yeah Im being whiney about the chebbie....spoiled with having new trucks for the last 5 years......

I like the new Chevy but want a bigger truck..its too small in the extra cab area and there is no 3rd door which is a pain to get kids in out, gear in back seat etc...and the stepside were never a favorite of mine, the bed is too small no room for extr gear when we got the off road go cart loaded in there (extra gear such a sa dirt bike or 2) lol..mebbe if things turn around by next year we will get a different truck...mebbe f250 or 3rd door full size bed chevy truck...mebbe a 2000 or 2001 series

heres a pic last weekend out near Barstow Calif on a campout 4x4 trip

me and the kids with the offroad go kart...this thing is a ball.....$500 used....fun stuff

Hey Vegas Looks like your camp-out was a blast :) Man am I jealous, your taking pics of desert sand and I still have a foot of snow in my back yard :eek:
I hear ya on the PU back doors, even the suicide doors on my F150 were a lot better than the folding seat extended cab I used to have, that one was a nightmare.
BTW Cool video, 1 ? , Beaver Teeth lol

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Sweet iron.

The nice thing about chains, grass or snow is that you get traction.
When you get into a situation were you are on an incline, there is no worse feeling than the brakes dont hold you because your sliding, especialy wet grass.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

The nice thing about chains, grass or snow is that you get traction.
When you get into a situation were you are on an incline, there is no worse feeling than the brakes dont hold you because your sliding, especialy wet grass.

Oh wet grass nightmare..Slid across both lanes of I75 to the median then back across, into the grass sideways @ 50 mph...straightened out in time to hit a palm tree...

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Continuation of BWRs HIJACK

that is a cool copter! BWR

I have 3 helicopters.....
looking at the ESKY belt cp 680mm blade diameter full 3d acrobatic.....no $$ right now tho $159 complete w/ remote unit at xheli.com
EK1H-E023.jpg

HIJACK!!!!!!!!

HEY BILL, BEAVER TEETH! lol

my sister always says I have beaver teeth so I was jacking around etc...lol...mebbe next vid Ill do Horse Teeth!

here's the video on youtube for you NON facebook people...a little collage of video and stills fom recent campout....I need to take more interesting video for these things...got my new vid spy cam. mebbe mount it on the offroad go kart and such....ps had better tunes for the 1rst part but youtube yanked my sound so I found a different set of tunes for the video

HIJACK #2
fouond this NEATO wood boat 1956, its located in california on CL
$950 looks like a real fun project in decent shape considering...but pics can be deceiving! Hope someone on Iboats picks it up so we can see the restoration!
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/1600266132.html

heres the ad

1956 Boat out of Central California.
Not a Chris-craft, the name starts with a B.....
I was told they might have been built out of Fresno or somewhere in the Central Valley of California.
I believe it original could have had a 1956 Cadillac engine in it.
3n43ka3o55Pd5S25Rca2ea6fd305441aa1e4a.jpg

3nb3m43l75P65Rc5Saa2e6679781dc834115b.jpg

3md3o53l85T25Re5Saa2e15de1697fdcf1bbc.jpg

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

hijack

heres a neat video someone sent me...it shows a sleekcraft boat from the point of view of a model airplane...the boat is following the plane on mebbe lake mead ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxUOXy892tc

hijacked hijack

I wanna build one of these...looks like it use an ATV motor off a honda atv...one fun project! Bandit off road go kart...he sells plans on ebay for about 15 bux for this thing.......so Im sure he wont mind me posting a couple pix, may help him sell a few plans

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/theo44/Bandit/

pictures by theo44

Status
Not open for further replies.