50hp Force Carb issue - flooding

Beer1guy

Recruit
Motor ran great last year. First time out started on first crank. Went to low idle and the motor flooded itself out. Went to restart and the gas flying out the carb. ?

johnson1989

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 50hp Force Carb issue - flooding

Hey there Beer Guy.

Welcome to Iboats, Looks like you took my sugguestion joining :)

I am not a force guy as you can tell by my name, If its similar to problems I have seen it sounds as though your low speed jet is pluged. the problem of the gas coming out of the carb is a sign. If the low speed jet is pluged the gas will come out of the top side of the carb through a little hole. If that is not the case, than your neddle and seat might have a little dirt under it not shuting the gas off when the float is up.

I am guessing its time to rebuild those carbs. Someone can jump in and verify my thoughts and help with which kit you will need.

Here is some great videos to watch- Go to the rebuild Carb Section

http://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin//YaBB.pl?board=Cot

Post back your Model /Serial so someone can find you a diagram

Best of Luck!

Jill_S

Seaman Apprentice

We had the same problems with gas squirting out the side on the top carb and it ended up being a stuck open shutoff needle in carb.

I'm a newbee and a girl so take it with a grain of salt.

Jill

bass4brains

Cadet

Your float may be set too low also, had same problem with 90 model 50hp I bought in feb. with carb upside down there should be no more than a 1/2" of movement of the float. Dissasemble carbs and clean every port with wd -40 use the straw to get good pressure spray, then bend the little brass tab up untill you have 1/2" of up and down movement reassemble run engine half throtle if no spray go WOT if fuel starts coming out of hole in side, remove crab and bend tab a little more. you may have to do this two or three times you get adjusted to where theres no fuel coming out of the hole at WOT, dosen't take but 15 min. or so to remove and reassemble, also it much easier if you diassemble shift link as it makes the nut on that side difficult to get to. so carry approate tools with you, 9/16 or #14 & 1/2" or #13 metric wrench open /box end work best and the narrower the legs on the open end the better, screw driver, plug socket & extra set of plugs, 8 or 10" cresent wrench and channel locks as well as extra shear pins & cotter pins for prop, are standard equipment on a boat.