THE EXCUSE BOOK

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Oh boy, nice topic! "I would.... but I have a hangnail" is my go to excuse.
a Surgeon and friend removed a hangnail from my finger years ago; told me that "a hangnail can be attributed to one of the leading causes of death". People can think "it's such a small injury" but is easily infected being on your fingertip. Next thing you know, you're sick and don't make the relation to the hangnail; but now have a staph infection
With or without medical treatment it might be over for ya.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
When I see a self-absorb person, I never blame them...I always blame their parents for raising such horrible "kids"!

As far as excuses go... "I'm the new guy, I didn't know any better!"

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The cured ham was drastically reduced, but I didn't buy any because the Butcher couldn't tell me what it had been sick from

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade
An old army man once told me you blame the first guy you see. When he denies it; Tell him if it wasn't you then bring the right guy.

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
a Surgeon and friend removed a hangnail from my finger years ago; told me that "a hangnail can be attributed to one of the leading causes of death". People can think "it's such a small injury" but is easily infected being on your fingertip. Next thing you know, you're sick and don't make the relation to the hangnail; but now have a staph infection
With or without medical treatment it might be over for ya.

I will bookmark this page to further enforce my serious condition next time I'm asked to take out the garbage. :lol:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
while working four tens and an eight on Friday at a power plant in Kentucky. We had a group huddle and safety meeting every morning before starting the day. On Fridays, my foreman would always remind us that they could get done cheaper on Monday!!! :lol: meaning go and hide....

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I have the best excuse and it was given to me by my wife. I have a habit of making silly comments about things or maybe it's just because I have a silly outlook and sense of humor and at times the wife has commented that "you're and idiot"! I respond, "I know".

One day she came to me with a new toy that she wanted me to put together for her and I was busy with boat things so I responded to her "I can't do that, remember, I'm an idiot and you told me so". She stormed off and I followed right behind! She also didn't talk to me for 2 hours but when she did we both had a good laugh.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have the best excuse and it was given to me by my wife. I have a habit of making silly comments about things or maybe it's just because I have a silly outlook and sense of humor and at times the wife has commented that "you're and idiot"! I respond, "I know".

One day she came to me with a new toy that she wanted me to put together for her and I was busy with boat things so I responded to her "I can't do that, remember, I'm an idiot and you told me so". She stormed off and I followed right behind! She also didn't talk to me for 2 hours but when she did we both had a good laugh.
according to Bill Cosby, and I wholeheartedly agree, it takes a LOT of practice and intelligence to know nothing and mess up everything such that people leave you be :lol: Which allows us to continue with whatever we're doing:llama:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
my nose is running and my feet are smellin' - means I'm tired and cold, it's time to go. I don't care if you saw a twelve pointer here yesterday

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I procrastinate because I'm rewarded for procrastination.

If I do the project right away there are always comments, recommended corrections, improvements, etc. If I wait until the last minute it's less work and it's usually accepted as is.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I procrastinate because I'm rewarded for procrastination.

If I do the project right away there are always comments, recommended corrections, improvements, etc. If I wait until the last minute it's less work and it's usually accepted as is.
agreed!! Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? :D When all we hear is "you shoulda....." Really? Then where were you while I was doing this?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
agreed!! Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? :D When all we hear is "you shoulda....." Really? Then where were you while I was doing this?

Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow. Contemplating procrastination

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow. Contemplating procrastination
Because I've stalled enough... enough that I'm scrambling to finish two big projects before the fish turn on. Plus I have to get my gear in order. Plus plus plus...... my sock drawer :lol:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
furthermore, not really procrastinating, just like to think things through. Otherwise, painted into a corner becomes imminent without a blinding flash of the obvious! And there isn't much excuse for the obvious...

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
If fishing: "The bait died and got stale. Plus I ran out of hooks."

To Her: "I forgot! Want me to go outside?"