The Argo App, The Waze Type App for Water Navigation. Free

1985 Century Mustang

Chief Petty Officer
Hey all I just downloaded a really neat gps app for ocean navigation, it's basically like the Waze app, but for the ocean and can be used on your cellphone. It's called Argo. I'm going to try it out today. Be advised, It takes a few minutes to load up after you originally have signed in. Link below.

bigblocksarefun

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I've been trying this out for a few months now. It isn't bad, doesn't always use the best route in reality (or one that I may choose based on conditions or experience) but I don't hate it. I was actually considering paying for it so I could use the multiple vessel feature and be able to use it online.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Hey all I just downloaded a really neat gps app for ocean navigation, it's basically like the Waze app, but for the ocean and can be used on your cellphone. It's called Argo. I'm going to try it out today. Be advised, It takes a few minutes to load up after you originally have signed in. Link below.

Let us know how it works out for you

Very leery of a app for "ocean navigation" given that cell coverage in coastal areas is typically "spotty" at best.

matt167

Rear Admiral
I tried to use Argo on my Erie Canal trip last year ( launched out of montezuma and went 10 miles up past the aqueduct ruins almost to cross lake. ) it did not work well to the point I used Google maps for my navigation and just ran with it.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
I use Argo, it's pretty good. Haven't used the charting much, but I mostly just want my position overlayed on an NOAA map. Still looking for one that's available offline, but the cell service is pretty good around me. Marine ways is also good, and knowwake has a lot of potential, but last I tried the position of my boat was was off, which is... Problematic