That was the LAMEST half-time show EVER

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: That was the LAMEST half-time show EVER

About time for Paul to pack it in. Old songs, old man, and frankly it is too yesterday. Need Mellencamp.

KaGee

Admiral

I thought the two Ford commercials were funny. <br /><br />The first one during pregame with the motorcycle gang pulling up to the roadside restraunt, noticing that the place was inhabited by a bunch of SUPER-DUTY diesels and being afraid to go in... and the one rough neck who says in somewhat of a sissy voice... "the salad bar is better down the road anyway"<br /><br />The second one... "This is why you don't introduce the new Mustang Convertable in the winter"

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

It was nice to have a simple half time show for a change. We cranked up the volumn and my 5yr old daughter danced for us to Beatles/McCartney tunes and even my 14mo old boy stood up and shook his stuff when he saw his sister gyrating. Now that sight was funnier than anything they could have put on the tube!<br /><br />All in all I was glad the half time show was "mild". Got to explain some of McCartney's history to the kids, and they got to hear some music they usually don't hear.<br /><br />It was a nice and welcome change. And the opening ceremony was a class act.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> About time for Paul to pack it in. Old songs, old man, and frankly it is too yesterday. Need Mellencamp.
WHOA easy NY!! :D :D Plenty of guys here older than that "old man" you're telling to "pack it in"(which he does regularly at his concerts).<br />And by the way, The guy who started out in the 70's as a Springsteen clone called "Johnny Cougar" is about 54 years old now.....Old fart.<br /><br />Can ya tell I'm a Beatles guy?? :D ;) :D :p

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

So my wife tells me my oldest boy (17) was watching Mcartney and says "hey I thought he was a beatle.....you think he would play his own music." refering to "live and let Die." (for those of you who dont know Guns and Roses did a remake of that song and thats the only one he ever heard.) Had to laugh and give a little history lesson to him about the beatles.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Tabasco bikini commercial was HOTTT !<br /><br />She eats some tabasco chip dip, then pulled her bikini back. You could see that she had burned under the bikini.

oddjob

Commander

The Beetles are way overrated. Just like Mcnabb...he,he:) and Paul's music after the beetles is way teeny-bop. I like John Cougar....least he can carry a tune that dosent sound like the last one. But hey its just my opinion. I laughed at the monkey and cat commercials. Live and let live is the only song I like from Paul. Hes got talent, it just dosent appeal to me.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I ignored the half time show this year. We were in a gaming venue, playing while watching the game. The cat comercial was good. The others sucked.<br /><br />I think next year I will watch the game in a titty bar.

briannh1234

Petty Officer 1st Class

The pre-game show was better than the half-time show.<br /><br />- Brian

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

roscoe is dead on... now that's a hot tamale'!<br /><br />paul macarthy over janet jackson??? HUH?????<br />no contest.<br /><br />black eye'd peas and EWF was cool but too short.<br /><br />C-Dan/ devil came down to Georgia rocked even though<br />I had no clue who "she" was...

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Yea....OK :rolleyes: A bunch of hip hoppers, jumping around, doing the crotch grab thing(real family entertainment), yellin' out stuff that happens to rhyme, just shouting and rhyming cause' they probably couldn't carry a tune in a basket....talent on a stick :rolleyes: .......much better than one of the greatest songwriters in modern history.<br />MAN, I can't wait till this rap-crap/hip-hop fad is over. Had to wait disco out, I hope rap music(is THAT ever an oxy-moron or what?) will follow suit.<br /><br />Disgruntled Dave<br />(Hip-hop better than McCartney.....I hope I'm not THAT old)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I agree D.A. .. gimmie a freakin' break!<br /><br />I'm a little biased on this one anyways..<br />.. my oldest dogs name is * Penny Lane * :cool: <br /><br />
1o6k9j
<br /><br />Yes, you could say I was happy watching the half time show! ;) <br /><br />Oh .. did I mention she has a pup named * Jude * :cool:

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

it was way better than last years show, anything without a Jackson in is all good

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br />
Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> About time for Paul to pack it in. Old songs, old man, and frankly it is too yesterday. Need Mellencamp.
WHOA easy NY!! :D :D Plenty of guys here older than that "old man" you're telling to "pack it in"(which he does regularly at his concerts).<br />And by the way, The guy who started out in the 70's as a Springsteen clone called "Johnny Cougar" is about 54 years old now.....Old fart.<br /><br />Can ya tell I'm a Beatles guy?? :D ;) :D :p
Lsst I checked 54 is less than 62. BTW I was born the same day as Bruce. Yes I too am an old fart. :D

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

From NY,<br />"Last I checked 54 is less than 62. BTW I was born the same day as Bruce. Yes I too am an old fart. :D " <br /><br /><br />OH YEA!! Well....I was born the same day as Laurie from the Partridge Family.....So There!!...<br />wait.....that's kinda lame......nevermind :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm offened by all this talk about old farts. :D

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> I'm offened by all this talk about old farts. :D
Old ,new,or wet.The mention of flatulence doesn't offend me.<br /> :) <br />I am however,highly offended by old belches. :D <br />The new or wet ones don't offend me.<br /><br />I was not personally offended when Janet exposed her breast.I would however have been highly offended if Paul had exposed his. :)

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I think McCartney did a fine job. He still holds his own well after 40+ years of performing. They probably would have found a more suitable flash in the pan contemporary performer if there were any worthy of the task. Unfortunatly, in today's impotent music environment of boy bands, girl divas and rappers there isn't much talent worth showcasing at a huge event such as the Superbowl. So... we are relageted to being entertained by a true talent and legandary music GOD. It stinks... dosen't it? ;)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> From NY,<br />"Last I checked 54 is less than 62. BTW I was born the same day as Bruce. Yes I too am an old fart. :D " <br /><br /><br />OH YEA!! Well....I was born the same day as Laurie from the Partridge Family.....So There!!...<br />wait.....that's kinda lame......nevermind :p
OK Dave you win, Laurie was sexier than Bruce, even if she was anorexic. Honestly I was a fan of John, Pauls writing was excellent. I just hate to see him this old, because I know I'm just heartbeat away from old too.