Thank GOD they are leaving today!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Re: Thank GOD they are leaving today!

Your house and the posessions in it are yours. You must protect them whether it's an out of control child, or a burgler. The results could be the same. I'll say it again, it is yours and it is up to you to protect it. Sounds like a conference with your wife is in order before the next visit so that you can present a defense that you both can live with.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Thank "God", the Supreme court did away wit the death penalty for KIDS!!!!!! ;) :cool:

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry about your troubles there LD, lots of good comments and advice, i don't have anything to add in that dept except that you may have missed a good opportunity of getting a beautiful puppy :D

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> Sounds like a conference with your wife is in order before the next visit so that you can present a defense that you both can live with.
Thats surely not the problem!<br /><br />Everything was fine the night they got there, Tuesday night. Everyone was tired from the trip, and she was shy, hung onto mom untill we all went to bed. But the kid should have been put to bed right away. I got up in the morning at about 7 and went to work. When they all got up they got around and went to the grandfathers and loaded things up. Things went to H*ll last night, all the damage was done in about a four hour period. I asked if she was fed a lot of sugar or something, and wife didnt think so. The girls tried to play games, but there was no way in H*ll that was going to happen. I personaly think it was a vie for attention as the adults wanted to do something and she wasnt included so she went wild for attention, plus she was very tired. This kid will not just sit and play by herself, she has to be intertained.<br /><br />Honestly she should have been put to bed at around 8 PM and then the girls could have done what they wanted. Kids dont on an average get enough sleep anymore. She didnt get a nap, and she was probably so tired she couldnt even think. Mother says, "Oh, she dosent take naps". No, You dont make her take naps.<br /><br />Anyway, its over.

rogerwa

Commander

Tape an episode of SuperNanny and send it to her. The show is the same every week and the stuff she does is not brain surgery. <br /><br />I have four kids that were all very close in age and I can tell you we never broke anything when visiting other people. My wife and I were so concerned about what they may do we rode them pretty hard. <br /><br />Some people (like my sister in law) tend to show up and since there are more people around assume they are on vacation and that the childcare is a joint concern. Wrong.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Sounds like mom should have made the time for the girl, gave her some warm milk and put her to bed. Yep, attention is what she wanted and she got her way plus left her mark on your household.<br /><br />Back when my sisters kids (halfwits) were young, those boys could tear up an anvil with a rubber mallet. They to lived a distance away. So we then agreed from then on we would meet them half way and camp at a park. THat way the boys always had something to tear up that wasn't ours. :D <br /><br />Good luck LD

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I would make it known in no uncertain terms that this kid wasn't to set foot in my house again.... I don't care whose kid it is or what relation to me or my wife.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

LubeDude,<br /><br />Feel for you and your wife really annoying when youve worked hard for something only for somebody else to ruin it.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) SS Mayfloat!!<br /><br /><br />"Knitwits" <br />Does that mean they are half dumb or half smart????!!!!! :p :p

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

You have a great wife LD.<br />Hope you all forget about this week real soon.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Fly Rod, Halfwits or Nitwits, I think they are both the same thing. Half dumb, half stupid, and no smart about it. I think it is the half of the bad from mom and dad. They never disciplined those boys.

LubeDude

Admiral

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />I thought it would be all over when I got home last night, I walked into the room where they slept, also where the computer is, and found my printer covered with ink pen scriblings. "D*MN" Wife wasnt nome yet, but Im sure the nieghbors must have heard me screaming things I havnt said in years. Evedently she, the mother left her in there while she took a shower that morning before they all left. Posible she didnt see what she had done.<br /><br />Also, someone messed up the shower door and it was off the track, How in the h*ll did that happen, you have to lift it up to do that, and Its a heavy door, and why didnt someone tell us about it??? Never again, Ive had it right up to here. :mad: :mad: :mad: <br /><br />Signed: Still ticked off in ORYGUN!!!!

KaGee

Admiral

This too shall pass.<br /><br />Let me guess.... she's a single mother right?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

rubbing alcohol should remove the ball point pen ink.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Let me guess.... she's a single mother right?
No, actually she is married, and pregnat with another monster.<br /><br /><br />Sense Im on a rant, :eek: The whole freaking family on the Wifes side are a bunch of disfunctional POSS. How My wife, (Which is the most sensable, nicest, sweetest thing on the planet) ever came out of that I will never know. :confused: :confused: <br /><br />The fact that I am an Only Child is really looking good to me. :D

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

LD, same situation you just mentioned there with my wife. Her family.... leaves something to be desired. Luckily somehting or someone knocked her (my wife's) head straight somewhere along the line. <br /><br />My 2y/o girl is great. Worst trouble she gets into is chasing the cats around or taunting us on the stairs. "Amber get off the stairs!" "NO!" "Oh yeah!?" Dad's not afraid to get up and get her off the stairs, or the cat, or the patio blinds, and let her know she shouldn't be doing that! My wife has a younger brother that is a lot younger than her. She is 26 and he is 14, when I met her she was 18 and he was... wow... he was 6. Holy crap. Anyway, he was the most spoiled, insubordinate thing you would ever meet. He has gotten better but only after drastic measures and being --><-- that close to military school. I told her my kid would never act like that. And she doesn't. It's the parent's responsibility, not the kid's fault.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

My 2 1/2 year old used a SHARPIE (Permanent Ink) to write all over my computer keyboard, and monitor screen. I couldnt see the screen it was completely blacked out. My fault, I was watching TV, and she climbed into the chair and grabbed the good pen. Luckily she didnt get any on herself. Some paint thinner and it was all gone. The keyboard still is marked up, I cant see half the letters. I laughed while cleaning it up, but still she was scolded.<br /><br />With kids you have to learn to let things go. We have crayon marks on a few walls, and the side of the big screen TV. Doenst bother me a bit, this is a kids house.<br /><br />But I see your side of the story, being that it isnt her house.<br /><br />Ken

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Us Ken's from Texas have the same problems and think alike. My 9 yo is an angel. Tyler is the best kid kid a person could have. She has some self esteem issues but is a great kid. My 3 yo, Stephanie, is he11 on wheels. She can tear up anything anytime. I am twice as hard on her as Tyler. She is just naturally (sp) a terror. I have learned to just overlook some things, kids are kids, and will act as such. That being said neither will mess up in someone elses house. It major a$$ skinning time if they even think about it. I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew. When they come to visit I make it a point to post the "Its my house, I'm the boss, I don't care who Momma or Daddy is" story. Always works.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> rubbing alcohol should remove the ball point pen ink.
...and Wild Turkey alcohol will remove your frustration, at least for awhile!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Kids will be Kids!!!!! :D <br /><br />Lets face it , we are getting to old to chase them around!!!!! :p <br /><br />Them little rug rats!!!!!EEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!! :mad: :mad: