Test Thread For Photo Attachments

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
hey SK on the other thread, I think i clicked the local fetch button when posting on all of them, but since new to doing that I might have forgotten. Can you see if I did that with your mod cape on?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok, new issue - when posting from googole pics and trying to hit the 'retreive local' box it gives me invalid file error.

this link https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/D..._JH7NojyyvAeHD4MPIr4LJD1lpcpo0K=w1152-h648-no

for the below pics (for those that can see it.

Dc5eS9FyKM94fQM3U1rHMCERQJT7B3ug8IEjKp71Qcjcj-qolpJYeGGoEjrKaUkmgBRCXhge3OWqt2wPfAspelKS30k2Mc59MaBzLXYBYyEK-22EntWJq11FMoXjsj6koxn7c9cm-WIb8ZIlZYjc2Wlofo5NqjB64LhWIXnSlfJrjHBUhh_DxJITXQYX7ayEJr5CSBT_ASTkcuf7fOUZUg56UvNovZpvTBMJoDl_tjlZtLp5Zl2gfEqjc-JbyvvPf0TibNqp5Sfzmu_B3osSM6zkkXFxrz-OtjxuXBJkyEsZEDtv2E-dbzOEuRTWECR12BCEvt9Em9cYYUEfMNsJhX6HX0enGypWlBgFGavTVq3NhmjDE5Oyq7ESFmqY3owaj1IbNrFEfU2tDBaX5DZnk3CiKCMqbT-dJqCqkyUipfCZpmbRaONeltzoI3REWy-vfcqm4O6UYQlisA7NIqyZUSiZSfjjtW3BE9jz9xajTtAzNEr4szgWkc61EGL0pkNYUXb7snIN1tpTdMdCTRAtDpdNKxgxIetEuPrNDnbPS97z8VCxQNXWW6qN9dbaUMk3DG24l8HuCKMQVDSpAmOl_B35v_JH7NojyyvAeHD4MPIr4LJD1lpcpo0K=w1152-h648-no

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That link requires signing in to Google, Joe. I thought it was discovered that public albums had to be used to get around that?

No idea about the invalid file format.

Which one of your other threads?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
All these pages of google pics that's not working for ya Joe... hint hint :rolleyes:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yeah on tablet this morninb, nuthin. I've got a tab open on the laptop to check out one drive

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
@iboatstim. I didn't upload directly to the forum using the upload tab, but I did (i think) check the box for fetching local or whatever it says. Is that the same as uploading?

Photos 2 and 3 are showing up because Joe uploaded them direct to the forum. Photos 1 and 4 are from google. I did some quick research and saw that the minus sign indicates an issue with sharing permissions. Joe, can you take a look at your sharing permissions on google photos?Photos 2 and 3 are showing up because Joe uploaded them direct to the forum. Photos 1 and 4 are from google. I did some quick research and saw that the minus sign indicates an issue with sharing permissions. Joe, can you take a look at your sharing permissions on google photos?

iboats_tim

User
Hey Joe, the local option will upload a copy of the picture to the servers here--I would recommend that because pictures should show up without issue that way. The Google photos issue is a bit confusing to me...your other photos posted to Google have shown the minus sign with the exception of the one you last posted.

southkogs

Staff member
redneck joe - Sorry man. I've been buried lately and each time I sit down to look at this I either 1) get pulled back into work of one form or another or 2) fall asleep 'cuz I'm sitting still. Been a busy week or two.

The images in these two posts (Dodge n' Carver) are showing up for me across browsers and logins. But the images in the other topic (the first post of the plank that attacked your boat) don't show now. Bruce's earlier in this post is still showing up across browsers and logins for me (the one I said has been a benchmark for me).

I can't test all this against windows right now, but when I've linked over I'm not selecting the "retrieve locally" option - but as Tim said, that's working right now so go for it.

I can't figure out why it's not linking over for you though. When I get some time to monkey with it more I will. If I find anything to check out, I'll holler.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok well yall have fun - on the way to the hotel in Nashville for the night (early flight) then surprise for my wife first class tickets to Seattle then float plane to Lopez for 5 days - folks have a house on the beach looking due west great sunsets - then back to SEA and a night on a boat with some old friends from my forum - they live aboard a 43' Tolley (@ Shishole Bay) that Thom has reworked over the years. The son just married, and three month old baby, that we've not met yet and they just moved aboard a 36' Carver.

Side note - last year she (new mom) solo'd across the country on a bicycle. I believe she is a complete bada.. and cant wait to meet her. She's a hot redhead to boot. Her story http://eleaacheson.com/

So - get this figured out for when I get back won't be on much for the next week.

cheers!

Chigwalla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hehe...I'll never tell...

I used ImageShack exactly the same way as PB by copying the url of the photo there and wrapping it with img tags here.
I like having the resize options right on the picture when you go to post it.