terry 460 cm bass boat help

konclub

Recruit
hello my name is Ron and I am new to this site. Yesterday I purchased a Terry 460 cm 1979, with a 1979 Johnson 55hp & trailer for $200 . The boat motor& trailer are in great shape for their age, it still has all four original seats with logos(still serviceable. The boat had not been used in years & was parked with bow downhill. The owner said it was covered until tarp ripped. Upon arrival at my residence tore out all carpet & noticed floor was a little soft & there were stress cracks in transom , the inside & outside fiberglass skins were pinched where motor mounts. My questions are due to funky design of transom I think it would be difficult to use seacast pourable core on transom. do I need to remove cap & replace transom with plywood from inside. also are the stringers encapsulated with glass or do they need to be looked at. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ron in Nc

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: terry 460 cm bass boat help

I'd think the top will need to come off and redo the whole thing,...

I had a Terry 450 cm that I beat mercilessly fishing all over northern WI, And even used it on Lake Superior,...

Many fond memories in that old tub,...

Looking forward to following along,....

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: terry 460 cm bass boat help

also are the stringers encapsulated with glass or do they need to be looked at.
Answer is probably to the 1st, and definitely to the 2nd. Encapsulated in glass doesn't make them waterproof.

Cap off is probably correct

Post up some pix. I have no idea what a Terry 460 looks like.