Tell us about your PIZZA!

SoulWinner

Commander
Greetings everyone. I have seen on the Food Network shows about different kinds of pizza, depending on geographic location. Like, there's New York Pizza, Chicago style pizza, California pizza(with tofu and stuff, yuk!). So, we have people from all over the place in here, even from different countries. So let's hear about the pizza you like. <br /><br />Me, I like Pizza Hut Chicken Supreme, and Tomb Stone Four Meat, with jalapeño peppers. I used to make pizza when I worked as a pizza delivery guy, but I haven't made a pizza in ages, 16 years I guess. When I make a pizza, I like ham, onion, black olives, and maybe beef and spicy Italian sausage.<br /><br />So what do you get, and describe them well if they are like New York style or Chicago style, or even Auckland style! Thanks.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Tell us about your PIZZA!

Just a plain ol ham and sausage for me, when the wife let's me have one. :(

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

When we have pizza we splurge: 2 toppings of pepperoni and raw jalapeno on the side. Ah! Heaven! We ask for it well done because we don't want it doughy. Yum! Now look what you've done. Pizza for dinner tomorrow. <br />Bassy

Dunaruna

Admiral

For me - Thick base, thick crust. Tomatos, shredded ham, bacon, prawns (shrimp), :eek: HOT :eek: salami, peppers and maybe a touch of chilli.<br /><br />My mothers' home town is supposed to be the birth place of the humble pizza, Naples. What you get there is a thin base with a smear of homemade sauce and then maybe one or two toppings (salami, cheese, sundried tomatos, egg, bacon etc). You fold it up and eat it like a sandwich. It all started changing to what we now know as the pizza after WW2 because of the influx of allied troops.<br /><br />Aldo

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

My favorite is a thick crust with cheese in the crust, Either Alfredo sauce or no sause (Alergic to tomato's). Extra, extra, extra cheese, Sausage, Black Olives, and Salami.<br /><br />Can't get enough, usually end up eating the entire thing at one sitting and then I am uncomfortable all night and the next day, but it sure felt good as I was eating it :D :D :D <br /><br />Craig

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

I like to throw one on the grill once in a while. I stack the toppings as high as I can, broccoli, peppers, onions, shrooms, turkey pepperoni (gooood!), asiago and mozerella cheeses, ham. The thicker the better!!

aspeck

Staff member

I like the ole garbage pizza - throw anything and everything on it (except olives, please).

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I really like Pizzaria UNO's SeaDelico deep dish seafood pizza.

NYMINUTE

Captain

East Chicago Pizza, Mushroom, Green and Black olives and gobs of cheese. NO MEAT! Veggie Guy here. Just don't like meat. No religious issues.<br />Mrs. NYM makes an awsome Pizza at home too, only in the Fall and winter, no sense running the oven with the AC on.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Pepperoni and Jalapeno here.<br /><br />FYI, in Thailand Pizza Inn sold a fish and squid pizza. BARF!!!<br /><br />Ken

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

Notice no other Long Islanders have jumped in. Chain store or frozen pizza, forget it. I think there is a zoning law here that every strip mall must have at least one pizza store, bagel shop or chinese restaurant. Lots of independent pizza stores. <br /><br />Dunaruna has it half right. The round pizza came from Naples. There is also square Sicilian pizza for those of you who like crust.<br /><br />Bassy, ask for it well done? You need to find a new pizza shop. The body of the pizza crust has to be thin and cooked in a pizza oven. There's no way for it to be doughy.<br /><br />I've been to Chicago and still can't figure out why Chicago is dubbed the pizza capital of the world. We have every conceivable variety of pizza available to us. <br /><br />My favorite is cheese and pepperoni. Although a garbage pizza is good too.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Originally from Long Island. Nothing beats good old local pizzaria pizza. Sicilian is one of my favorites with sausage.<br /><br />I miss the pizza and delivery that was available on Long Island. <br /><br />Up here in VT there are a few (absolutely not more than 3) places that make a decent pie (still lagging in NY quality) and they deliver in Chevrolet trucks. They found that the Toyotas spoil the taste! :D

20/20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I like to have a piece ah steak a piece ah pie a piece ah cheese cake :)

Darren Smith

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My all time favorite is Lou Malnati's Pizzaria in Chicago. Butter crust, layer of cheese, slab of sausage that covers the entire pizza, some tomatos, and more cheese, this is a pan pizza. Second is Pizzaria Uno's sausage Pizza. After that, pizza by the slice in New York, cheese and peperoni. I did have my first pizza Mexican style when I was in Phoenix in April, jalepenos, taco meat, good stuff. The pizza in Panama is ok, mostly thin crust, but not up to NY or Chi-town standards, just pizza.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

LOL at Bob VT :D :D :D <br /><br />That is if the Toyota trucks didnt break down first!!!<br /><br />Ken

salty87

Commander

imo, the new frozen pizzas (digiorno's, etc) are much better than they were a few years ago (totino's, gag). so much so that they are just as good as the chain deliveries and almost 1/3 of the price. i keep a few in the freezer for when we get off the boat late. better, cheaper, faster.<br /><br />austin has a small chain called mangia, incredible. it's a thick crust piled high with toppings, then the cheese, and the sauce on top. very tasty, can't eat more than 2 or 3 pieces though.<br /><br />my favorite though comes from a place called saccone's. they hail from new jersey and make the best thin crust around here. i like italian (hot) sausage, onions, bell peppers, and sweet peppers. ummmm

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Thick crust, double tomato sauce (not that sugary stuff- real tomato sauce), canadian bacon, pineapple and jalapenos. And a bottle of tucks for the burning sensation later that night.... :eek:

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

Papas Pizza in Roselle, IL makes one of the best thin crusts I've ever had. I'll choose Ginos East or maybe Lou Malnatis for a deep dish. No matter what type, it's only a pizza if it has traditional toppings, none of that yuppie crap. Pepperoni, sausage, green pepper, mushroom, onion, extra sauce and extra cheese for me...with plenty of red peppers and parmesean.<br /><br />What I don't get is how the big fat deep dish pizza suddenly became "Chicago Style." As a current old fart who grew up near Chicago, I remember when the original "Chicago style" pizza was indeed a thin crust. Those deep ones appeared later and gradually took over the title for unknown reasons. Then Unos/Ginos became the favorites (for deep dish) after a while and it was sealed up. Mike Royko went on a rant about this very "Chicago style pizza" thing in one of his articles at one time. If you're old enough to remember who Mike Royko is and you know what I'm talking about regarding "chicago style pizza", then you're a true Chicagoan...AND an old fart.<br /><br />I don't live there anymore...and trust me, when you get out of the Chicago area, it is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to find a good pizza. Sure as heck can't find it at a chain store...Pizza Hut/Dominos/Little Cesears? GAG! I understand that New England area has some good stuff, I admit that I haven't been there enough to try it, but the garbage that's in most of the rest of the country just doesn't measure up in my ACCURATE (not humble) opinion. :D

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Pizza with everything on and sometime double cheese and double everything.