FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I was wondering if I should put teflon tape around my fuel fitting that screws into the fuel tank. I think there is fuel leaking out from around the threads. Is this ok to do or is it a no-no for boats?
I was wondering if I should put teflon tape around my fuel fitting that screws into the fuel tank. I think there is fuel leaking out from around the threads. Is this ok to do or is it a no-no for boats?
There is a special teflon tape that we use for auto's.. It is not like the normal tape.. This is alittle thicker and it is tan in color and is for use on fuel line's..
A wiser solution would be to use a paste pipe thread sealer like Locktite 565. Using any type of thread tape creates the possibility of slivers of tape getting into the small passages of your fuel system. Teflon tape is no longer allowed for use on propane fittings for that reason.