Teenage Destruction

11 footer

Lieutenant
Re: Teenage Destruction

I'll be driving in less then a year, a few weeks ago I got my first car.<br /><br />My dad bought two Lincoln Town cars new in 1997, they where company cars and two women drove them. He has owned them all this time. Now it was time for them to get new ones. One of them is Silver and the other black. I took in interest in the black one for about a year ago. We got them back and he told me that if I wanted one of them, it would be the only car that was ever given to me. I picked the black one.<br /><br />Its a 1997 Black Town car with leather seats. I did pretty good, it has under 40 thousand miles on it. It needs tires and a few other things, I've been told that I have to do any upkeep from now on, that includes doing/paying for everything it needs now.<br /><br />I'm putting flow master exhaust on it, so it will sounds deep, but not loud. She's getting fog lights next week. Then in the future I'd like to put a set of those tires with the raised white letters on it that say "Radial GT Cooper Corba"<br />and then a trailer hitch, and some of that spray stuff that blacks out the windows.<br /><br />I feel very fortunate for what I have, although I may have been given a nicer car then what most kids get, I'll pay for all the upkeep and any improvements.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Ryan, that Town Car will be a real cruise vessel. I hate to say it, but I like my mothers Mercury Grand Marquis a lot. Yeah, I have a truck and a Jeep, but that Mercury cruises like it is on air. there is something to be said about a fullsize car. You'll roll with more class than all those kids in those import fart cars with the nasty graphics and wings all over the place, and the ladies will be diggin' it as well. Limo tint the windows and it will have that cool US Government Secret service look. :D

ZmOz

Captain

My parents gave me my first Jeep when I was about 15. (18 now) Didn't get a bit of help from anyone fixing that damn thing up. Only had 98,000 miles on it, but still needed all kinds of things. That's what happens when you don't ever maintain your vehicle. :rolleyes: Now I could almost write a repair manual by myself. :) Just after I got it running good and put about 1000 miles on it, slammed into a ditch at 40mph. :D Now the insurance company bought me a much nicer jeep... :p

11 footer

Lieutenant

Limo tint the windows and it will have that cool US Government Secret service look.
You bet! That was the plan :D <br /><br />WIth the tinted windows and the raised white letter tires they look REAL slick. I'm one of the few kids my age who loves full size V8 american cars with RWD, I wound't own ANYTHING that was FWD. The town car has posi-traction so it does a nasty burn out,,,already practed in the driveway ;) :D <br />My town car will beat most of those riceburners that my classmates drive.<br /><br />I always wanted to drive our '88 Crown Vic as my first car, which is also black with raised white letter tires ;) but she's not gonna make it. Rust has taken her over, and she's got over 180,000 miles and needs a oil pan. She's going to the junk yard sometime in the next six mounths, I'll miss her :(