FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a Ted Williams Twin 15 motor and need to know the gas/oil mixture ratio. I believe it is a 1976 but am not sure. The motor is painted white with most of lower part red. The cover is also white. Is this a Sears motor? Thanks...
Welcome to iboats. Gamefisher is the Sears trademark thier outboards were sold under. Ted Williams, I think was Montgomery Ward's aftermarket name.<br />I realy don't know much about these, but can tell you with certainty, that the fuel mixture is 50:1, or 3 ounce oil to 1 Gallon low octane.
I was working on the motor today and found the info that it is a sears roebuck and that the chasis# is 217-5678-1 and model# is 3J-583021. I thought i had seen it somewhere that it was from sears but couldnt remember where! Oh well, and the lower end is green not red....I got the motor to fire and will take it out tomorrow morning for a test run.