tattoo's

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: tattoo's

Stay down Flathead. If I could I would sleeve out both arms till the wrist. I wear long sleeve shirts 90 percent of the time on the job anyhow so whats 10% more? I have 3. On the left arm is a little devil on top of the world. It was my first. It was one of the peer pressure things. I seen it in a magizine at school and thought thats too cool. So the next thing ya know out the ink comes. On my right arm I have a heart and banner surrounded by roses with my daughters name in the banner and "Daddy's Girl" around it. On my chest I have a Texas outline with bars (as in cell bars) inside of it. I was gonna have "Texas Finest" put into the bars but the chest is just way too tender, I was ready to get up way before he finished. Maybe one day I'll grow the hang down to finish it. I am just about ready to get a few more, just gotta find the funds. As far as women having ink- I like my women a little on the trashy side. I like a bleach blonde. I like a slightly thick woman. A little ink in the small of the back or on the ankle is great with me. That said- My wife has no ink, is not a bleached blonde either. She WAS a natural blonde but has since darkened. She does the blonde highlights now and I love it. As my Harley riding buddy Flathead said- I you can judge a man by whats on his skin you are a better man than me.

LadyFish

Admiral

Flahthead, I certainly didn't intend to offend you or anyone else with tats, just stating my own personal opinion. I apologise if thats the way it sounded. <br /><br />The hubby has plenty of tattoos all of which he got after we were married. I never once tried to talk him out of it. Its his body and he can do with it what he wants. One crazy Mardi Gras I even nearly had my navel pierced. I personally have never like tattoos on women, just my opinion.<br /><br />Again, I'm sorry.

mattttt25

Commander

got a shark on my ankle, and a brand on my shoulder. did it just to say i did it. probably won't get any more, but no regrets. pretty much forget i even have them.<br /><br />as for women, if it's done right and in the right spot, wow. small of her back, back of her shoulder, bikini area... yeah, real nice.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Actually,<br />A tattoo on a girls ancle is not that bad, or on the shouder blade or maybe even above her a$$ . It would be nice for a little while, but once she gets old it would look trashy, picture of 50year old women with a tatoo above her a$$ .......not my style.<br /><br />I wouldn't get one myself, but I have notprolbem with people who have them. I would be worryed about getting one that I would have a hard time getting a job. My dad won't hire someone if he see's any tatoos on them. My aunt for one of a feather on her leg when she was in her 40's, it made her happy, so I guess thats all that matters.

gaugeguy

Captain

Ryan, your style will change as you get older. You watch how as you get into your 20's, 30's and 40's the women that you find attractive get older and older, right along with you.<br /><br />I woulda never believed it either, but it happens.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I have 2. One on my ankle (small) and a big one on my upper arm. I'm in management so I know about the "ink". Both of mine can be covered. If I don't want you to see it you don't. My big one I got right after 9/11. I was working out of the country when 9/11 happened. I was stranded...couldn't get home near my family, etc. As soon as I got home, I got a big Eagle wrapped with the flag. I'll always have that to remember what happened to MY country. My wife has a small hummingbird on her ankle....I think it looks good. I also like some on the small of women's back's. Some can get out of hand. but to each his/her own.<br /><br />Mine were professionally done and I researched the artist first. Some of the places aren't the cleanest so look around. The place I went to was neater / sterile than my doctors office. There procedures when they prepare things, etc were great.<br /><br />I want one more, just haven't decided what I want yet.<br /><br />oops....almost forgot to mention....my wife said she always wanted a tat of a charpeigh(sp) on her butt, that way the older she got the better it looked! :D

FLATHEAD

Commander

No need to apologize Ladyfish, I did not take your post as offensive at all.<br /><br />I guess I did come off like I was offended. But I was not in the least. <br /><br />In my time I have come across some people like Ryans dad, that discriminate based on Tattoos or personal appearance, Those encounters have actually helped me be a better person,it has taught me to be more open minded to others no matter how different they are.<br /><br />KB I know what you mean. It aint cheap to get quality ink. There are a lot of scratchers out there that are cheap,and you will find out why once they scar you.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

that deal of women with a tongue ball is for others pleasure as I understand it. :D <br /><br />Do not know from personal experience though.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I don't have any tatoos or body piercing, but the people who do seem to enjoy what it says about them, so hey, go for it! My sister-in-law has two and she loves it and my step-son got quite a few while in the Navy. I do know if they're done right they can be pretty expensive, but they look right. So, I say also, to each his/her own. Just MHO. :) <br />Bassy

KennyKenCan

Commander

I have tatto's, but I have them because I wanted them.<br /><br />I personally could care less what anyone else thinks of them, they are mine, and if someone doesn't like them, I just tell them not to look at them, but I rarely get any complaints, and I could cover them with no problem, but I don't.<br /><br />I have a total of 4.<br /><br />An Eagle with the setting sun on my left bicept, a Hammerhead Shark circling around my left ankle, a 5 Point Buck just above the waist on the right side, and a Heart with my son and daughters names on my right shoulder. (Had the Ex's name colored over!!)<br /><br />I haven't decided weather or not to have my newly found son's names added yet, only time will tell if I do.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Hey Flahthead, no stereotypeing here... On a female, it just "don't do it for me", thats all... I dunno... :( <br /><br />Heck, I would'nt give them chicks w/o tatts who dress/look like a two dollar ho the right time of day either...

NOSLEEP

Commander

I have a tattoo on my right arm. Got it when I <br />17. It was done by Zane a notable tattoo artist<br />many years ago. I think he may have past on some<br />time ago.<br />I still like my tattoo, as I did when it was <br />first done. It is a little faded now. I was <br />recently thinking of having it recolored.

gonfishn

Commander

LMAO at MellowYellow..Leave it to you to come up with that one..I have removed many in my time. Of course removing one today was alot different than it was thirty years ago.<br /><br />Many a grunt would come into sick call and want one removed for one reason or another.<br /><br />First step was to take hard salt and rub it in til area bled. Sterile wrap and have grunt return in five days and repeat steps again.<br />Ever rub salt into an open wound? Usually took four to six times to complete. That cured me about wanting one. Removed to many I love Mary tatoos in my time. Especially when they were getting married to a Karen..... :D

butlp

Petty Officer 1st Class

I remember a biker guy who got drunk and then had a one done. It took a long time for people to stop laughing at his “Hells Angle” tattoo :eek:

oddjob

Commander

I have a bull on my left forearm. Had it done when I was just out of boot camp 81'. My family wouldn't let me remove it now even if I wanted to. Its like a birthmark. As a teenager I never planned or longed to have one, I just decided mater of fact if I ever did get one, El Toro is what it would be. I found it in a shop near the beach in Oxnard,CA....thought long and hard and just had to have it. Cost me 55& then another 45 to recolor a few years later. I've never seen another like it and I like it that way.<br /><br />Most people compliment it... Little kids say moooo!<br /><br />On trashy women... I like nothing....covering their skin :D .<br />Seriously, a tatoo of a bracelet or small cluster of roses is pleasent to look at. <br /><br />Popey has some cool tats too.<br /><br />The piercing thing does not impress me as most of what everyone is wearing is white gold or silver which looks as if they got a ball bearing or other shop item lodged in there belly, toung or eyebrow. Yellow gold looks cleaner IMO.

tylerin

Commander

I've got ink, I've got about 600 or so stitches too, including 10 in my eye, and 60 sewing my tongue back on. THAT'S ME :D

gaugeguy

Captain

I guess on the right belly button, rings look good in them, but face piercings (and other places :eek: ) just don't get it done for me. My babysitters boyfriend actually had his tongue cut about 3/4" so it could be forked. He's a freak and now he talks funny. He'll do well, I'm sure :rolleyes: . I can't imagine doing a job interview and seeing a forked tongue, yep, I want you working for me.

tylerin

Commander

I guess on the right belly button, rings look good in them
I agree Gaugeguy, Just to bad that about half of those belly rings are swallowed up by their own fat. Attaching a belt buckle might be more appropriate

gaugeguy

Captain

Yeah Tylerin, I hear you. What did they pierce that thing with, a harpoon?

tylerin

Commander

You know the old Cliche Save a Whale....................................You know the rest :D