Tarzans tiger got loose!

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Tarzans tiger got loose!

Nothing a well placed arrow wouldn't take care of, eh Carpy ;) <br /><br />A full mount tiger would look awfully nice in the den :cool:

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like I get some aligator boots. Cool. :D <br /><br />A long time ago I was walking from a friends house to my girl friends house. I was suppose to be spending the night at his house. :) Well I was in Artesia NM at this time, and I was walking the run off trench out of town because it ran along her part of town. So I was walking up out of the trench when I see this silo of a large cat. My guess was mountain lion. I imediately reached back and removed my favorite butterfly knife from my special pouch on my back pack. I at least wanted one cut before I went down. I guess the clanking of the butterfly knife scared it. It ran off. So I ran in the opposite direction so fast I would sware I was walking on air. I couldn't believe the thing didn't maul me. I just know at first I was pissed, then after it was running and I didn't know where it was, I wanted as far away as possible.

oddjob

Commander

Well, I heard the defenceless tiger charged the officer. He shot him. I dont think a tranqalizer(sp) would have stopped him in time. But hey thats just me. <br /><br />Morons who keep exotic (non-native) pets are the ones that deserve to be eaten or dismembered if they think the wild creatures deserve protection from the public.<br /><br />Snapper, since you raised the issue of territory ownership then I will take it one farther. The cheerokee blood in me thinks all you non-native white crackers can move if you dont think us poor savages have to right to fish, hunt, and protect ourselves from the dangers of OUR lands. BTW I'm especially fond of gator tail. ummmmm tastes like turtle! Oh and thanks for screwing up the glades. Peace, my white brother.<br /><br /> :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

same here SBN, any "nuisance" animal can be shot<br />including dogs and cats.

oddjob

Commander

My Father shot my dog w/ bird shot when I was about 7. It was a stray he brought home that hung around where he worked awhile. "Tony" survived and didnt chase anymore cattle after that.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

That cat, Bobo, had a short history of hurting humans. It attacked a woman who was painting it's cage a while back. The cat lunged at the officer who was attempting to sedate it. So there!!!

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

BinLurkin,<br />Of course, the Mountain Lion problem is old news here in the Sierras. About 5 years ago a woman was killed and partially consumed by a mountain lion over in the Auburn area. She was jogging down a favorite path when it happened. They did put that one down. <br />I didn't know about the sea lion law. I was wondering why they all started showing up on the docks at the warf in SF. I grew up in the city & never saw a sea lion on a dock until recently. Talk about stink. I never smelled a stinkier critter.

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer

Wait until you are fishing in a striper derby and a sea lion pulls a 30+ pounder off your swim platform and costs you the new boat!<br />That happened this year in the bay up by riovista<br />Boy was that guy pissed.

Carphunter

Commander

Guageguy said;<br />Nothin a well placed arrow wouldn't take care of.
Couldn't have said it better myself. ;) <br /><br />I have shot many "nuisance" animals here. Coyotes are always a nuisance as far as i'm concerned, and I will shoot them suckers on sight. Problem is, at least here in Indiana, them coyotes have no natural enemies, and nobody hunts 'em. Overpopulation is the main problem.<br /><br />I sure would like to see what a 90-grain Muzzy would do to a Tiger though. :eek:

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />I sure would like to see what a 90-grain Muzzy would do to a Tiger though. :eek:
A muzzy? Probably bounce off him. Try a Thunderhead 100 :cool:

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

When I was in NM for a little while as a teenager, we use to bait the coyotes with freshly killed rabbit. :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Me thinks things may get a bit ugly with this deal... <br /><br />FWC (florida wildlife commision) is changing their story on what actually happend, again... The official report of the internal investigation on the shooting by the FWC should be very interesting to say the least... <br /><br />Couple things I can't figure for the life of me is why they did not bring in any experts to bring this cat in, alive... There are several sanctuarys in south and central florida area that have experts who deal with these exotic animals on a daily basis (Lion country Safari and Ray Thunderhawk comes to mind)...<br /><br /> Also, why did'nt anyone get Mr. Sipek to retrieve his tiger, which was found less than 1000 feet form Mr Sipeks home?.. The cat would be more likely recognize Mr. Sipek than a wildlife officer... In all fairness, reports say that Mr. Sipek was in the shower when the tiger was found and shot... I don't know if the report is true, but could FWC officers have waited? It was 95+ degrees (HOT).. The tiger curled up under a tree and some brush apparently napping when spotted by the propertys owner who told officers where the cat was... The cat was found, and in the 95 degree heat, Bobo was'nt going anywhere... <br /><br />Anywhooo.. It appears that someone may have intentionally released the tiger from behind several gates (news reports say 6-7 gates?) the tiger would have had to go thru to get out.... <br /><br /> I recall some years ago a similar incident happend where some kids cut the locks and realeased a cat (panther?) from Mr. Sipeks place... Don't recall the outcome... :confused:

Carphunter

Commander

Guageguy said;<br />A muzzy? Probably bounce off him. Try a Thunderhead 100.
Are you serious? Your gonna knock my Muzzy :confused: . Man, you done insulted me now! I'll put my Muzzy, (with its bone crushing power, and chiseled Trocar point), up against you puny thunderhead, any day. ;) <br /><br />Me thinks that at 30 yards, the 25" Carbon Areos, tipped with the 4-blade 90-grain Muzzy traveling at 282 Feet per second, would zip through the beast, and bury 8" in the ground on the far side, .................puny little thunderhead may cause a flesh wound that might get infected. :D <br /><br />.........Makin fun of a mans broadhead...........is there nothing sacred anymore. :p

gaugeguy

Captain

It's all about the penetration man. The thunderhead cuts on imapact, doesn't just punch a hole then start cutting.<br /><br />And talk about bone crushing power, I'll post a pic tomorrow of a deer I shot through the lungs, exited under its armpit, entered it's leg, completely broke the upper leg bone and still exited. <br /><br />You want to bring the game home, try the thunderhead, grasshopper!!!<br /><br />(and besides, I had a girlfriend whose last name was Mauzy...bad memories, man)

Carphunter

Commander

If its all about the penetration, then you may be coming up a little short. ;) <br /><br />The Muzzy cuts on impact also, just has a different tip. I have never lost a deer that was hit with the Muzzy. Now I can't say the same for them old Satellites I used to use.<br /><br />I also shot a nice buck one year with a frontal shot that entered just left of the briscut and exited near the right rear leg, and it also broke the leg. Thats what really sold me on the Muzzys. That arrow traveled through the deers entire body and still broke the rear leg. I thought that was pretty impressive.<br /><br />Now for the funny part,
and besides, I had a girlfriend
Man, thats funny. Where in the heck do you come up with these one liners. :D