Talladega!?????????

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Anybody else see that bs? Finish under yellow, how chitty. If Jeff Gordan is not an Iboats memebr does that mean I can call him names and still be under the guidelines? I promise to keep it family freindly.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Talladega!?????????

Yea it's really a joke anymore.<br />It's sad that it has came to the point it is at now.

SoulWinner

Commander

Hey Spinner :) What can you expect of a sport that is owned by one guy (just like the WWF)? At least there are MANY other motor sports out there to enjoy. F1 is one my favs, my wife loves the World Rally Championship, the Dakar rally is neat, as is the Scottland TT. Also there a number of American open wheeled emerging races. Plus there the Tough Truck races that are really exciting to watch, and there are a bunch more truck events every year getting air time :) Nascar was great when it was Stock Car Racing. The sport get less sporty after it became NASCAR, and now? Well, at least there is F1....

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

That was the lamest excuse for a race I have ever seen, and I watch them all. It truely has become "roller derby" and "WWF smackdown" at 200MPH!<br />I think most of the 'fans' agree too. Diud y'all see the crud flying-over the wall onto the track.Talk about poetic justice!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I was throwing stuff from my living room hoping that it would make onto the track. I don't really watch many of the races, and never all of it. I always try to catch the last of it though and this one was for the birds.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yep new rule put in place about 6 months ago that whoever was in front when the yellow lights came on or the flag came out was the leader.<br />No more racing back to the stripe anymore.<br /><br />That's the reason I like NHRA.<br />Them 6000HP nitro cars will make your heart stop if you are close enough.<br /><br />Man , what a rush.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Anybody but "E"<br /><br />
jgordon00_car.jpg

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I think they should never finish under caution I dont care if it became the aarons rents 550. fans pay a ton of money to see the race then another ton on food,drink and souviners they should see a green flag finish.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea and the race fans say so also and show it by throwing all the stuff on the track.<br /><br />It is going to hurt the gate receipts for sure. IMO.

tylerin

Commander

Local speedway here has a train race, where groups of 3 cars tied to each other do a figure 8 race on the last Saturday of every month. Gets quite exciting :cool:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Go to your local race track, much better racing. We also have a small go-cart sprint track that has weekly races that anyone can enter. Great fun!<br /><br />For the amount of money that goes into Nascar, they should have the track ready one lap after the yellow flag. All it takes is more people to get debris off the track. And fines for the drivers that dont get back into line quick enough.<br /><br />Either that or a rule requiring a green flag finsih.<br /><br />I agree it was a joke. Too many cautions for "debris" that could have been picked up while the rest of the field was on the other side of the track.<br /><br />Ken

18rabbit

Captain

Don’t watch nascar…it’s like watching one big, long commercial. But I did watch my hero, Mario Batali kick butt on Iron Chef America. Now there’s a sport!!! :D

ehenry

Commander

I think they should have red flagged the race....stopped the pack on the back stretch and cleaned the track. Let the pace car bring them around to the green flag from where they were sitting and finished under green. It sucked the way it was finished.

gaugeguy

Captain

I too thought it sucked, but I am an Earnhardt fan. If little E had won the race the same way Gordon did, I probably wouldn't have been as upset as I was. <br /><br />There are a lot of things about NASCAR I don't like, side by side restarts, restricter plates, the new way they have the points, 43 cars on a 1/2 mile track, too many commercials, but I will still watch it. I will still go to both races here in NH and spend lots of $ there.<br /><br />The only saving grace was that the Red Sox beat the Yankees yesterday to complete the three game sweep.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I have also seen them slow the pace car wayyyyy down to give them more time to clean up the track. They didnt even try yesterday. If they ar going to do that every time, why not make it the rule that if yellow occurs in the last five laps, race ends under yellow. That way they guys know that race position is important those last five laps.<br /><br />I do like the rule change to "no racing to the line under caution" that was a bit too dangerous.<br /><br />Ken<br /><br />Ken

JB

Hmmmm.<br /><br />Seems like a lot of folks wanted someone else to win. Sour grapes??<br /><br />A simple change in the rules would cause havoc in the pits. . . . laps under yellow don't count.<br /><br />Also, a restart with only one or two laps to go could well prove catastrophic. No time for strategy, just go like heck. Far too dangerous.<br /><br />I wonder how many of the complainers, here and at the track, thought about driver and track safety.<br /><br />Been there, gents. I think NASCAR selected the least bad of several very bad choices.

ehenry

Commander

I hear ya, JB. I'm not sour over who won, if truth be known I was pulling really hard for Kerry Earnhardt in the 33 Childress car. He was running in the top 15 when he got together with his brother's team mate Mikey. I hated that for him, I really thought he was going to finish the race. If he keeps going the way he is he may get a full time ride and possibly healthy portion of his brothers fans.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Its no longer a sport, its now just a specticle!<br /><br />The rules cater to just one manufacturer, while the rest have to struggle.<br /><br />Once the other manufacturerers get onto the same level, they change the rules again, to accomidate that one manufacturer!<br /><br />What a shame that an original American sport, gets trampled by corporate greed!<br /><br />Bring back Winston!<br /><br />At least they had a direction that they lead NASCAR down, and it worked for nearly 40 years!<br /><br />NEXTEL will not complete their obligation to sponser the sport for 10 years, they will bail-out as soon as they don't make any money!<br /><br />A fan no more!<br /><br />American Motorsports is officially DEAD!<br /><br />The local tracks here on Long Island have all been forcefully closed by the local municipalities to make room for Sr. Citizen housing projects and cookie factories!<br /><br />The one remaining track, Riverhead Raceway, is a joke.<br /><br />The municipality built a Sr. Citizen complex deliberatly, next to the track, so they could collect complaints, so that local municipality would have a reason to close the track.<br /><br />Now they have put in such restrictions on the track, that its no longer entertaining.<br /><br />They now require that all cars have mufflers on them, and that the noise level from each car, must be below 85 decibles!<br /><br />My truck makes 128 decibles!<br /><br />I'll be more entertained by just simply going out to my driveway, and start my truck up, cuz it will make more noise than a 600HP NASCAR Modified, that is raced a Riverhead Raceway!<br /><br />Not my idea of a race, when a race car goes by ya, and goes whooooooosh!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I agree with not racing back to the flag and freezing the field.<br /><br />I disagree with the freepass rule, but they have it to keep more cars on the lead lap, for competition and to keep "your favorite driver" in the race.<br /><br />I think all races should finish under a green flag, with 3 green flag laps, unless the caution flies on the white flag lap.<br /><br />I think the tracks and tv crews should work with NASCAR to make sure that a yellow light appears in all camera shots. If that means adding 50 more caution lights, so be it. But I think they could do it easily by linking the caution light switch to a superimposed image on the tv screen.<br /><br />Two options on the cars. <br />One is to allow the manufacturers and teams run almost any body shape they want, which would bet very dangerous, as one car's shape can effect the handling of adjacent cars, especially at 200mph.<br />This would also create another money pit and need for more dollars to be competitive.<br /><br />The second option is to make all the cars run an identical body, which will really upset the manufacturers. They are already complaining that the race cars don't resemble the showroom cars, and the next level of production cars will be a complete departure from the race cars. They want their race cars to look like their production cars.<br /><br />WHats next?<br />Look for NASCAR to implement new engine rpm and gearing rules. This will save the teams mega bucks on engine developement and engine replacement. It will also slow the cars down a bit, but put more passing power back into the cars, and put an end to the crappy restricter plate races we have had for so many years.