Talking to tools: does it help?

FSHKPR

Ensign
Re: Talking to tools: does it help?

yeah i guess i do too. especially when they are not working the way i need them too.

dolluper

Captain

If you don't talk to them they don't know who's using them and they might not just work ,like on strike when the boss isn't there

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mostly fire breathing objects(boat,truck,tractors,stupid weed whacker,chainsaw etc.)But have been known to cuss the ignorant socket or wrench that wants to play hide and seek.

KaGee

Admiral

Hmmmmm sounds like this board is in need of a tool psychologist. Way too much tool abuse goin on in here. Maybe there's a "Tool Dude" out there with a counciling degree that can help us work out our tool "issues"<br /><br /> :D :D

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Only cussing and where the h*ll are you.

one more cast

Captain

Well lets see here. I lost almost all of my tools in my last divorce so it goes something like this. " Where the heck could that (fill in tool name here) be ", after looking through four tool boxes.... "That F#@$$%^..^&*() (*&^^%%$$$$%6...&%^#%^^^unt" " I know she has it " "##$%^^*((*&&^%#&%&*&*()__+++. anyway" :mad: :mad: :mad: AND THATS AS CLOSE AS I GET TO TALKING TO TOOLS.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> I talk to myself......does that count?
Only if you get a reply :eek: <br /><br />Aldo

Link

Rear Admiral

And after all these years of cursing my tools for not being where I could find them.<br />Now to find out they were just playing a game of hide and seek! I feel bad now :confused:

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br />
Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> I talk to myself......does that count?
Only if you get a reply :eek: <br /><br />Aldo
I have been known to actually argue with myself. :D <br />It's when it comes to blows that my wife has to step in and seperate me.<br />And yes to all the above, I talk to the tools. Most of it non-printable tho.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Snapperbait Quote:<br />"Yup... talk to my tools, boat, truck and other inatimate objects too... I do believe it helps."<br /><br />So do I Snapper, I also talk to my wife and Hey! three out of four ain't bad! :) <br /><br />Ladyfish quote:<br /><br />"Mr. LF swears like a drunken sailor.." <br /><br />Jeez, from his avatar I thought he WAS a drunken sailor! :D

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Link:<br /> And after all these years of cursing my tools for not being where I could find them.<br />Now to find out they were just playing a game of hide and seek! I feel bad now :confused:
I finds that it helps to say in your nicest voice"come out-come out were ever you are ya little b......" :)

brother chris

Commander

I was just talking to my duct tape today, telling it to stick to a piece of aluminum. <br />It did not listen......so I threw it against a wall. <br />It still did not listen, any ideas?

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by brother chris:<br /> I was just talking to my duct tape today, telling it to stick to a piece of aluminum. <br />It did not listen......so I threw it against a wall. <br />It still did not listen, any ideas?
Classic case of misdirected anger. You need to throw the piece of aluminium against the wall, not the tape.<br /><br />Don't worry, its a common mistake ;) <br /><br />Aldo

brother chris

Commander

Thanks Aldo, I'll have to try that tomorrow, IF I can find the duct tape. :rolleyes:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br /> I have been known to actually argue with myself. :D <br />It's when it comes to blows that my wife has to step in and seperate me.<br />AK Chappy
That's okay, just as long as you don't have to ask yourself to repeat yourself. ;)

NOSLEEP

Commander

Sure... Blame the duct tape. Typical!